In this article we will talk about taxes as a section of financial literacy, about the types and interest rates on them. In addition to taxes, there are still fees, duties, and other obligatory payments that differ from each other. In the early stage of development, taxes did not differ from other budget payments, with the development of the economy of Turkmenistan and the demand for a more detailed approach to taxation, economists have separated taxes from fees, duties and other mandatory budget payments.
What is tax?
Tax is a compulsory, individually non-repayable payment, established and charged by the state from individuals and legal entities for the purpose of financial support for the activities of the state, which are received by the State budget.
Scheme of receipt and cost of tax payments;
Signs of tax
- Taxes must be determined by the presence of the following features:
- Category of taxpayers: Individuals - residents and non-residents; Legal entities - residents and non-residents;
- Object of taxation: a circumstance that has a value, quantitative or physical characteristic, with the presence of which the legislation on taxes and fees associates the occurrence of the taxpayer with the obligation to pay the tax;
- Tax base: The tax base is determined for the respective tax (reporting) period for each taxable item and may represent its value, physical or other characteristic;
- Tax rate (rates);
- Terms and procedure for the calculation and payment of tax.
Types of taxes and interest rates
Table with types and rates of taxes
Table with types and rates of fees
Certain taxpayer rights in the legislation;
- receive in the tax service and other authorized bodies involved in tax legal relations advice on the application of tax legislation;
- to use tax exemptions in the presence of appropriate grounds or refuse to use them;
- get acquainted with the acts of his tax audits and surveys, give explanations on them;
- for timely offset or refund of overpaid (recovered) taxes;
- require compliance with tax secrets;
- to correct independently the mistakes made when taking into account the objects of taxation, the calculation and payment of tax;
Some of the duties of the taxpayer in the legislation;
- pay taxes established by this Code;
- register with the tax office in order;
- keep track of their incomes, deductions (expenses, expenses) and objects of taxation in the prescribed manner;
- to submit to the tax service at the place of registration tax returns and financial statements;
- comply with the requirements of the tax service to eliminate the revealed violations of tax legislation;
A tax declaration is a form of tax reporting submitted by the taxpayer and necessary for the calculation and (or) payment of tax.