1. A scientific and practical conference dedicated to the International Day of the Caspian Sea was held in Turkmenistan. The forum discussed topical issues of the Caspian problems: the interaction of coastal countries in the political, economic, scientific, environmental and other fields. One of the key topics of the conference was the change in the level of the Caspian Sea. Minister of Foreign Affairs of Turkmenistan Rashid Meredov said that Turkmenistan is in favor of strengthening the scientific cooperation of the Caspian states in studying the water balance and determining the causes of fluctuations in the level of the Caspian Sea in order to predict it.
2. 330 citizens of Turkmenistan were admitted to Belarusian universities in 2023. The most popular university among Turkmen students was the International State Environmental Institute named after Sakharov, which accepted 92 applicants. In second place in popularity was the Belarusian State University (79 students), and the third - Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno (35 students).
3. 30 children of the Center for the Support of the Disabled of Turkmenistan received school kits from the EU Delegation in Ashgabat as a gift. Ambassador, Head of the Delegation of the European Union to Turkmenistan Diego Ruiz Alonso participated in the gift-giving ceremony. The action was held within the framework of the Back to school campaign.
4. Artists from Turkmenistan will perform at the international platform of the “Caspian Seasons-2023” classical art festival, which will be held in Astrakhan from August 18 to September 6. The festival program provides for a wide acquaintance of the audience with the culture and art of the Caspian states. From August 25 to 28, the Astrakhan Philharmonic will host concerts dedicated to each participating country. Day of Turkmenistan will be held on August 28.
5. Turkmenistan has entered the top five countries in terms of the number of tourists who have visited Russia since the beginning of 2023. In total, in January-June of this year, more than 14 thousand Turkmen citizens visited Russia for tourism purposes. It should be noted that Moscow and St. Petersburg continue to be the most popular destinations for the Russian tourism industry.
7. Alaskan resident Will Walker rode his bike almost 900 kilometers backwards. Check-in lovers of a two-wheeled vehicle from all over America took place in the state of Iowa. It was attended by 30 thousand cyclists, but only Walker was riding backwards, looking over his shoulder, so as not to accidentally fall. According to the American, for the first time he began to use such an unusual method of driving about ten years ago.
8. Another “duck derby” was held in Chicago - a regatta of rubber ducks along the river. More than 70 toys took part in the race. Everyone can take part in the regatta, which is held for the 12th time in a row. To do this, it is enough to buy at least one rubber duck and let it float freely from the place of the mass start. The one whose duck is the first to reach the finish line receives a car as a prize, for the second and third places you can win a trip to Mexico. The proceeds from the race are donated to a charity for athletes with mental disabilities.
9. Saudi “Al-Nasr” won the Arab Champions Cup after beating “Al-Hilal” 2-1 in the final. The hero of the match was the Portuguese striker Cristiano Ronaldo, who scored two goals and was forced to leave the field due to injury.
10. For the first time, courses for obtaining an AFC coaching license of the PRO category will be held in Turkmenistan. From August 21 to September 1, the capital of the country will host the first and second modules of the Asian Football Confederation coaching course under the PRO license program. This is the highest coaching category, which gives the right to coach national and international teams.
11. A team of referees from Kuwait led by FIFA referee Ammar Ashkanani will referee the match of the preliminary round of the Cup, in which the bronze medalist of the championship of Turkmenistan “Merv” will play with the silver medalist of the championship of Kyrgyzstan “Alay”. This meeting will be held on August 15 at the 10 thousand -seat “Sports toplumy” stadium in Mary. According to the press service of the football club “Merv”, the entrance to the match with “Alay” will be free.