1. President of Turkmenistan Serdar Berdimuhamedov arrived in Baku this morning on a visit to participate in the summit of the Contact Group of the Non-Aligned Movement on Combating COVID-19, which will be held on March 2 in the capital of Azerbaijan. At the Heydar Aliyev International Airport, where the state flags of both countries fluttered, a guard of honor was lined up in honor of the distinguished guest.
2. On the night of February 28 to March 1, throughout Turkmenistan, providers simultaneously reduced tariffs for using unlimited Internet and at the same time increased the speed of connecting to the network. Subscribers using a tariff with a speed of 512 kbps, from March 1, were automatically transferred to a speed of 1 Mbps. You can change the Internet tariff plan in your personal account on the official websites of “Turkmentelecom” and AGTS. Or at the office of your provider, where you will need to write an application to change the home Internet tariff. The cost of changing the Internet tariff will cost 1 manat.
3. The Resorts Development Agency of Georgia presented the country's tourism potential in Turkmenistan. The presentation was held at the “Yyldyz” hotel in Ashgabat. The event was attended by employees of travel agencies, private companies and the media of Turkmenistan. Representatives of the Georgian Resorts Development Agency made a presentation about the potential of the country and told why the region is so attractive for acquaintance and recreation. Particular attention was paid to the balneological resorts of Georgia and the country's investment projects.
4. A creative meeting was held at the Center for Public Organizations of Turkmenistan in honor of the birthday of the outstanding Turkmen poet Gurbannazar Ezizov. On February 28, he would have turned 83 years old. The secret of the unfading glory of Gurbannazar Ezizov lies in the deep philosophy of his work, the variety of poetic images. His works to this day play a huge role in the national culture and testify to the strong spiritual roots of the Turkmen people, Annagozel Yagshiyeva noted.
5. President of Turkmenistan Serdar Berdimuhamedov and National Leader of the Turkmen people Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov congratulated Rais of the Republic of Tatarstan Rustam Minnikhanov on his 66th birthday.
“You are an old and good friend of the Turkmen people. We highly appreciate the work done under your leadership to strengthen cooperation between Turkmenistan and the Republic of Tatarstan. I am firmly convinced that our relations will continue to develop dynamically in an ascending line”, - the message of the Chairman of the Halk Maslahaty of Turkmenistan says.
6. Not far from the Greek city of Larisa, on the night of February 28 to March 1, a freight and passenger train collided, as a result of which at least 29 people died, 85 were injured, some in serious condition. In total, the passenger train from Athens to Thessaloniki carried about 350 people. The wounded were sent to local hospitals, another 270 people refused hospitalization, they were transported from the crash site by bus to Thessaloniki.
7. Nearly a month after the devastating earthquake in southeastern Türkiye, the official death toll has surpassed 45 thousand. 234 thousand employees of the Office for the Elimination of Consequences, police, military personnel and volunteers were involved in search and rescue operations, 18 thousand pieces of equipment were involved. More than 358 thousand tents were set up for those who lost their homes, container towns were created in 332 settlements throughout the country.
8. Turkmen “Ahal” arrived for a training camp in the UAE. The plane with the players and the team's coaching staff landed at Dubai Airport. “Ahal” training camp in the UAE will last 2 weeks.
9. Former “Bayern” Munich head coach Jurgen Klinsmann has taken charge of the Republic of Korea national team. The contract was concluded for 3 years and 5 months, from March until the final of the 2026 FIFA World Cup, which will be held in the USA, Canada and Mexico. The last job of the 58 years old specialist was “Hertha” Berlin, which he left in February 2020. The previous coach of the Republic of Korea national team was the Portuguese Paulo Bento, who led the team since August 2018. At the World Championship held in Qatar, the Bento team reached the 1/8 finals, where they lost to the Brazilians with a score of 1:4.