1. A married couple of pensioners, Vera and Alexander Podolsky from Balkanabat, grow lemons in two small glass greenhouses built in the yard. Being on a well-deserved vacation, pensioners have found a way to spend time with benefit: both an activity they like and lemons rich in vitamins are on the table.
2. The construction of a new international airport has started in the urban-type settlement of Jebel in the Balkan velayat of Turkmenistan. The future air harbor in Jebel will be equipped with ground support facilities to receive all types of aircraft.
3. Candidate of Geological and Mineralogical Sciences and head of the museum at the Magtymguly Turkmen State University Anatoly Bushmakin donated his own collection of rare minerals to the museum. It contains native copper from the Urals, lapis lazuli from the Pamirs, salt from Garabogazgol, all kinds of fossilized forms of marine organisms.
4. By the end of 2028, 4416 telephone numbers will be put into operation in the Balkan velayat, 4 hospitals, 3 sanatorium and resort centers, one kindergarten, 7 secondary schools, 2 cultural centers will be built.
5. State Russian Drama Theater named after A.S. Pushkin opened its next theatrical season in Ashgabat. The repertoire of performances for August and September can be found here.
6. A giant circular skyscraper is being built in Dubai. The giant Downtown Circle will be located at an altitude of 550 meters and will surround the Burj Khalifa skyscraper. The project is designed to expand living space in the heart of the Dubai metropolitan area.
7. The world's first Minister of Coffee Affairs appeared in the government of Papua New Guinea. In recent years, Guinean coffee has become in demand in many countries of the world, in particular, it is bought by the USA, Australia and Japan. In connection with this trend, there was a need to revive the coffee industry, which once flourished in the country.
8. One of the best coaches of Turkmenistan Kurban Berdyev turned 70 years old. The well-known coach celebrated his next anniversary in Iran, where two months ago he headed the “Tractor” football club from the city of Tabriz.
9. On August 25, the UEFA Champions League group stage draw was held in Istanbul. Her results can be viewed here. The group stage of the Champions League starts on September 6-7, the play-off matches will begin in February 2023, and the final will be held on June 10, 2023 at the Ataturk Arena in Istanbul.
10. “Real Madrid” striker Karim Benzema has been named the best player of the 2021/22 football season in Europe. The French striker took first place in the voting with 523 points. He was ahead of Kevin de Bruyne from “Man City” and teammate Thibaut Courtois.