1. Railway companies of Turkmenistan and Russia are planning to open mutual representative offices. This is reflected in the Cooperation Development Program for 2023-2025, which was signed by the leaders of “Turkmendemiryollary” and Russian Railways in September last year. To date, activities within the framework of this program are carried out strictly on time, reported the press service of the “Russian Railways”.
2. “Belavia” Airlines switched to the summer flight schedule, which will last until October 28, 2023. At present time, flights to Turkmenbashi Airport from Minsk are operated once a week on Tuesdays. The flight on Brazilian Embraer E195 aircraft lasts just over four hours. “Belavia” resumed regular flights to Turkmenistan from October 2022.
3. A new hydraulic facility - a dam with a capacity of 68,2 cubic meters per second was put into operation on the territory of the Gyzylarbat etrap of the Balkan velayat of Turkmenistan. It is designed to regulate the water level in one of the water-bearing complexes of the Karakum River. Platinum will provide the western region of Turkmenistan with water during the hot season. The new hydraulic structure is of particular importance for the irrigation of farmland and the thousands of hectares of fields cultivated in these places.
4. International students from Wenzhou Medical University of China participated in the 16th series of “Dream Trip to Zhejiang” events. Turkmenistan was represented by a university student Shagul Bakyeva. Various competitions and exhibitions were held within the framework of the forum. This event is positioned as a cultural carnival that promotes the mutual enrichment of cultures, communication and familiarization of foreign students with the socio-economic and creative achievements of the eastern province of China.
5. Since the beginning of 2023, Turkmenistan has supplied more than 17 thousand tons of fresh tomatoes to Moscow and the Moscow region. According to the official website of the Rosselkhoznadzor, all products have passed tests for compliance with the quarantine phytosanitary requirements of the Russian Federation. Currently, Turkmenistan is a key supplier of tomatoes to Russia, and every year Turkmen enterprises increase exports in this direction.
6. The new Israeli Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Ismail Khaldi has started work in Turkmenistan, presenting his credentials to President Serdar Berdimuhamedov. The head of state congratulated Ismail Khaldi on his appointment to a responsible post and wished him great success in his work. Diplomatic relations between Turkmenistan and the State of Israel were established on October 8, 1993.
7. From 2035, the sale of new gasoline and diesel vehicles will be banned in Europe. This is being done as part of a program to reduce carbon emissions by 55% by 2034 and a gradual transition to electric transport. It is assumed that after 2035, after the gradual departure of vehicles with internal combustion engines, hydrogen cars in the EU countries will be sold along with electric vehicles.
8. A 61 years old office worker from Osaka smoked on the job and was fined 14 700 USD. For more than 14 years of work, the Japanese went on a smoke break from the workplace a total of 4 512 times, spending 355 hours and 19 minutes on this addiction. The authorities repeatedly warned the smoker about the inadmissibility of such behavior and even reduced his salary by 10% for six months. Osaka has had a total ban on smoking in the workplace for government employees since 2019.
9. David Melkumov never ceases to amaze. A strongman from Turkmenistan set a new record by dragging a 38-ton crane over a distance of eight meters. Melkumov overcame the eight-meter section in 45 seconds. This time, the Tadano brand hydraulic crane became an experimental projectile for the strong man. The exercise was performed in a sitting position with hands behind the rope. This technique is recognized as the most difficult for exercises for towing large equipment. As the athlete himself noted, first of all, he is very glad that once again he was able to cope with his goal, and he is pleased with the result shown. All funds collected by Melkumov from sponsors, he will send to help children with disabilities.
10. The Ashgabat team “Altyn tach” became the winner of the Cup of Turkmenistan in futsal among women. In the final match “Altyn tach” defeated the Mary “Olimp” with a score of 4:2. The bronze medalist of the tournament was the “Ahal” team, which beat “Balkan” (2:1) in the match for the third place. The best player of the tournament was Lale Khaipova from “Olimp”.
11. The youth weightlifting team of Turkmenistan won the third medal at the world championship in Albania. In the weight category up to 59 kg at the Youth World Championships held in Durres, Albania, the representative of Turkmenistan, Medine Amanova, lifted 90 kg in the snatch and 109 kg in the clean and jerk. She became the gold medalist of the world championship with a result of 199 kg.
12. The Uzbekistan national football team played a friendly match against the Venezuelan team. The meeting was held in Jeddah and ended in a draw - 1:1. The scoring in the 6th minute was opened by South American defender Alexander Gonzalez. In the 73rd minute, Jasur Yakhshiboev, who came on as a substitute, earned a penalty and equalized the score in the game. Earlier, the national team of Uzbekistan in Saudi Arabia beat the team of Bolivia with a minimum score - 1:0.