1. It is planned to build a new residential area in the Gurtly residential area in Ashgabat. By order of the Ministry of Construction and Architecture of Turkmenistan, 46 four-story residential buildings, a secondary school for 720 children, a kindergarten for 320 children, a park, a shopping and entertainment center and 7 two-story trade and service houses will be built here.
2. The diplomatic service of Turkmenistan in the conditions of a difficult epidemiological situation, natural and man-made emergencies occurring in the world, has taken and is taking active measures to protect the rights of Turkmen citizens abroad. According to the country's Foreign Ministry, embassies and consular offices of Turkmenistan abroad have extended about 200 thousand passports of Turkmen citizens who are abroad and were unable to return to their homeland due to restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic. The government of Turkmenistan has organized dozens of export special flights for its citizens from Russia, Belarus, China, Türkiye, Germany, Poland, Romania, the United States and other countries. Some of these special flights were organized free of charge.
3. The headquarters of the Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov Charitable Foundation for Assistance to Children in Need of Guardianship will be located in the new administrative center of Ahal velayat. The National Leader of the Turkmen people, chairman of the Halk Maslahaty of Turkmenistan announced this during a working trip to the city of Arkadag. According to Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov, the issues of protecting the health of young Turkmen citizens and their harmonious development are constantly in the center of attention of the state.
4. Turkmenistan and the International Road Transport Union are working on projects to improve transit and simplify cross-border procedures. The parties are actively discussing at the expert level ideas aimed at developing the customs sector of Turkmenistan. In September 2022, Turkmenistan launched an application that allows TIR Carnet holders to submit electronic pre-declarations to the customs authorities of different countries.
5. The French Institute in Ashgabat announced the start of registration for the spring session of French language courses, which begin on April 10. Courses will run from Monday to Friday from 14:00 to 19:00.
6. Amendments have been introduced to the State Duma of the Russian Federation on a gradual increase in the draft age for military service from 18 to 21 years. In addition, the bill provides for an increase in the upper limit of the draft age from 27 to 30 years.
7. The death toll in Türkiye from devastating earthquakes has risen to 48 448. This was announced by the Minister of Internal Affairs of Türkiye Suleyman Soylu. Among the dead were 6 660 foreigners, most of whom were Syrians. To date, forensic experts are trying to identify 1 615 people. According to Soylu, 3 million 882 thousand portions of hot meals and 4 million loaves of bread are distributed among the victims daily.
8. The Russian national football team will take part in the first championship of the Football Association of Central Asia in June. This was stated by the press secretary of the Football Federation of Tajikistan Faridun Saliev. The tournament with the participation of men's national teams will be held in Tashkent and Bishkek from June 9 to 21 this year. According to the organizers, all six members of the Central Asian Football Association confirmed their participation in the championship.
9. This week will be held the final second legs of the 1/8 finals of the Champions League, following which the names of all the quarter-finalists will be known. On March 14, “Manchester City” will host “Leipzig”, and “Inter” will visit “Porto”. The next day, “Real Madrid” will face “Liverpool”, while “Napoli” will face “Eintracht”. All matches will start at 01:00 Ashgabat time. Live broadcasts of the Champions League in Turkmenistan can be watched on the air of the “Match TV” channel and the thematic channels of the holding.