1. A permanent embassy of Israel will open in Ashgabat. Israeli Foreign Minister Eli Cohen will arrive in Turkmenistan for the official opening. For 10 years, the Israeli Embassy in Ashgabat had a temporary structure, which will now become a permanent diplomatic mission. Recently, progress has been made between Israel and Turkmenistan in cooperation in the field of health and cybersecurity.
2. Chinese airline China Southern Airlines resumes direct regular flights between Urumqi and Ashgabat. The first passenger flight is scheduled for March 28, 2023. It is planned that flights will be carried out once a week - on Tuesdays. In addition, from March 19, “Turkmenistan” Airlines will resume regular flights on the Ashgabat-Beijing-Ashgabat route.
3. Another batch of humanitarian aid to the victims of the earthquake was sent to Türkiye from Ashgabat. This week, the Union of Women of Turkmenistan, under the coordination of the Embassy of Türkiye, sent an 8-ton truck with humanitarian aid, consisting of medical supplies, winter clothes, shoes and beds.
4. With the advent of spring, the “Merchant Sea Fleet” provided discounts for road transport on the Turkmenbashi-Baku-Turkmenbashi route. The cost of transportation in one direction, taking into account the discount, will be 1000 USD, and if paid in both directions, the cost of transportation will be 1600 USD. The reduction of tariffs is aimed at creating favorable conditions for road transport across the Caspian in the direction of Azerbaijan. Earlier, similar tariffs for road transport on the Baku-Turkmenbashi-Baku route were introduced by the Azerbaijani shipping company ASCO.
5. The Sahabatly dairy production enterprise in the Geokdepe etrap of the Ahal velayat is actively working on the production of new types of cheeses. According to the representative of the economic society, new products will appear in the middle of this year. To date, Sahabatly produces two types of cheese under the names Paýtagt and Dilim. Also in the assortment of the enterprise are dozens of types of dairy products: milk, kefir, ayran, suzma, sour cream, cottage cheese.
6. The Japan Geospatial Information Administration has carried out digital mapping and discovered 7000 new islands. Since 1987, there were officially 6852 islands in Japan, but the latest figures have increased this figure to 14 125 islands. Experts explain that the total area of land held by Japan is unchanged, as the growth of the islands is due to technological advances in geodesy and map detail.
7. During the meeting of the CIS Executive Committee, a draft Agreement on Cooperation in Medical Insurance of Labor Migrants and Members of Their Families was agreed upon. The project involves the introduction of compulsory medical insurance for labor migrants in the territory of the Commonwealth countries. If the bill is passed, compulsory medical insurance will be introduced for migrants from the CIS countries working in Russia so that they can receive all types of medical care.
8. The Kyrgyz football club “Abdysh-Ata” announced the transfer of the football player of the youth team of Turkmenistan Teymur Charyev. Since February, Charyev has been in the Kyrgyz club for viewing. He took part in the training camp of the team in Türkiye. “Abdysh-Ata” is the reigning champion of Kyrgyzstan and will take part in the new AFC Cup. 22 years old Charyev played as a right back in the Turkmenistan Championship for “Energetik”.
9. The Russian Chess Federation officially moved from the European Chess Union to the Asian Chess Federation. This decision was made in Abu Dhabi at the Continental Assembly of the Asian Chess Federation.
10. Serie A leader “Napoli” lost to “Lazio” at home in the match of the 25th round of the Italian championship. The meeting at the stadium “Diego Armando Maradona” ended in favor of the guests with a score of 0:1. Matias Veçino scored in the 67th minute of the meeting. Napoli ended their eight-match winning streak in Serie A, but Luciano Spalletti's team continues to lead the table with 65 points.