1. The State Bank for Foreign Economic Affairs of Turkmenistan has launched a new VISA Virtual bank card, with which you can make purchases in foreign online stores and services, order services, purchase electronic tickets, book hotels and much more.
You can open a VISA Virtual card at the branches of Vnesheconombank in Ashgabat and Turkmenbashi. You must have your passport with a copy of it, and the initial amount that will be stored in your account in US dollars.
After issuing the card, the user receives the details: number, expiration date, verification codes.
2. On the occasion of the approaching March 8 holiday, women and girls of Turkmenistan began to receive cash gifts on behalf of President Serdar Berdimuhamedov. According to a good tradition, the presentation of cash prizes in the amount of 60 manats is held in a solemn atmosphere. Kindergarten pupils were among the first to receive monetary gifts from the President.
3. At the end of the plenary session of the summit of the Contact Group of the Non-Aligned Movement to Combat COVID-19 in Baku, President of Turkmenistan Serdar Berdimuhamedov met with President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev and President of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev.
4. The fleets of Turkmenistan have been replenished with brand new comfortable taxis of the Toyota Corolla and Hyundai Elantra brands. 530 cars of the Japanese brand have replenished the technical park of the “Turkmenawtoulaglary” Agency in Ashgabat. The taxi fleet of the production association “Lebapawtoulag” was replenished with 45 compact sedans Toyota Corolla and 40 Hyundai Elantra. The taxi fleet of the production association “Balkanawtoulag” was replenished with 34 cars, and the taxi fleet of the Ahal velayat - 50.
5. On March 1, President Serdar Berdimuhamedov received in Ashgabat the head of the “Vozrozhdenie” Group of design and construction companies, Igor Bukato. During the meeting, the businessman informed the head of state about the ongoing work.
6. “We bring to the attention of the residents of the Mary velayat that in connection with the abolition of the Serhetabat and Oguzhan etraps, the local telephone codes of the cities have been changed, and their administrative units have been transferred to the Tagtabazar, Murgap and Sakarchyagin etraps”, - the “Marytelecom” official statement says. Phone for information: 071.
7. In 2023, “KAMAZ” will increase the production of trucks by 15%, thus, the number of vehicles manufactured by the plant weighing from 14 to 40 tons will be more than 50 thousand units. This year, “KAMAZ” again started production of K5 trucks with a new generation of comfortable cabs.
8. A failure occurred at the “Atucha” nuclear power plant in Argentina, causing massive power outages in Buenos Aires and several neighboring regions. The cause of the failure was a fire in the northern regions of Argentina, which damaged a high-voltage power line. The accident left about 20 million people without electricity.
9. The Turkmenistan football championship of the 2023 season starts on April 4. The tournament will be held in four rounds, eight clubs will take part in it. Three clubs – “Altyn asyr”, “Ashgabat” and “Kopetdag” represent the capital. “Balkan” from Balkanabat and “Shagadam” from Turkmenbashi - Balkan velayat, “Merv” and “Energetik” - Mary velayat and “Ahal” - Ahal velayat. The first and second round matches will be played until the end of June 2023.
10. “Real Madrid” was defeated by “Barcelona” in the first semi-final of the Spanish Cup. The meeting, held at the “Santiago Bernabeu” stadium in Madrid, ended with the victory of the Catalan team with a score of 1:0. In the 26th minute, the defender of the royal club Eder Militao sent the ball into his own net. Thus, “Real Madrid” suffered the first defeat of the season at home. Prior to this, the wards of Carlo Ancelotti won 11 victories at the home stadium, and drew three times. The return game between these teams will be held on April 5 at the “Camp Nou” stadium in Barcelona.