1. “Turkmenistan” Airlines resumes regular flights from Ashgabat to Beijing and London from the end of March. The flights will be operated on Boeing aircraft.
From March 19, the Turkmen airline will resume flights to Beijing International Airport, where flights will be operated twice a week at the initial stage. You can fly to Beijing at a price of 9280 manats.
From March 20, “Turkmenistan” Airlines will again start operating flights to London with a frequency of once a week. Now a flight there costs from 8926 manats. Ticket sales are already open at the Main Air Transport Agency in Ashgabat.
2. The Franco-Italian company Thales Alenia Space is ready to organize training courses for engineers and operators for the space industry in Turkmenistan. This proposal was made during the meeting of the chairman of “Turkmenaragatnashyk” with representatives of the company. Thales Alenia Space is one of the leaders in the field of satellite systems. The company offers advanced solutions in the field of space communications, Earth remote sensing, navigation and science.
3. In the Great Hall of the Turkmen National Conservatory named after Maya Kulieva had a creative meeting with the Italian composer and guitarist Antonio Onorato, who arrived in Ashgabat on the occasion of the celebration of the 30th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Turkmenistan and Italy. Antonio Honorato gave a small concert, performing several improvisations.
4. Altyn Ýunus demonstrated its products at the international food exhibition in Moscow. Altyn Ýunus brand products took part in tasting competitions, as a result of which Todino Glory chocolate bar and Well sugar-free chewing gum won gold medals as the best product in their category. As a result of the exhibition, Altyn Ýunus signed preliminary cooperation agreements with more than 20 foreign companies.
5. Russian universities will increase the number of their branches in Uzbekistan. This was announced by the Minister of Science and Higher Education of Russia Valery Falkov. According to him, Russia also plans to open new branches of educational institutions in Kazakhstan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Myanmar and Cuba. Currently, subdivisions of more than 10 leading Russian universities operate in Uzbekistan.
6. At least 500 thousand new houses need to be built in Türkiye after the earthquakes, the UN said. Experts estimate that 1,5 million people were left homeless as a result of the disaster. “This is by far the largest earthquake in Türkiye’s history and possibly the largest natural disaster the country has ever experienced”, - said Louise Winton, UNDP Resident Representative in Türkiye.
7. In Venice, almost all the canals dried up - the water level in them fell to an all-time low level due to strong low tides. On average, the water level dropped by 70 centimeters, which is why the bottom appeared in the shallowest channels.
8. Serdar Azmoun helped “Bayer” beat “Monaco” in a penalty shootout and reach the 1/8 finals of the Europa League. The main time of the meeting ended with a score of 3:2 in favor of the club from Leverkusen, but the total score on the sum of two games became 5:5, which moved the meeting into extra time. “Bayer” players turned out to be more accurate in the penalty shootout. The guests realized all their attempts, forward Serdar Azmoun approached the ball first in the series.
9. All participants of the 1/8 finals of the Europa League have become known. “Juventus”, “Roma”, “Sporting”, “Sevilla”, “Bayer”, “Manchester United”, “Union” and “Shakhta”r overcame the playoff stage.
10. “PSG” defender Sergio Ramos has announced his retirement from the Spanish national team at the age of 36. Together with the Spanish national team, Ramos became the world champion in 2010, and also won the European Championship twice - in 2008 and 2012. As part of the national team, he played 180 matches and scored 23 goals.