2. Ak Nesil Education Center invites children aged 6 to 8 and their parents to a free demonstration English class. The introductory lesson will be held on May 14, at 12:00 and at 14:00. The theme of the upcoming lesson is “Animal World”.
3. The grand opening of Turkmen textile products was held in Ashgabat. Shops are located along Hoja Ahmet Yasava Street. Specialized stores offer a large selection of textiles under the brands “Yenish”, “Gala”, “Nusay”, “Burgut” and others.
4. Robotics competitions were held at specialized secondary school № 97 in Ashgabat. The competition program included a race with an obstacle for robots, a competition of robot artists and a tournament of robot wrestlers.
5. The tallest papaya tree in the world has been discovered in Brazil. The height of the record holder on the farm of the Brazilian Tarcisio Foltz reached 14 meters 55 centimeters.
6. Apple has officially discontinued the legendary iPod touch. It is noted that the iPod will no longer be produced, but the sale of goods that are in stock will continue.
7. Atajan Dayiyev won a small bronze medal in clean and jerk at the Junior World Weightlifting Championships. Competitions were held on May 2-10 in the Greek city of Heraklion. On the final day of the competition, the Turkmen athlete, who performed in the weight category over 109kg, lifted 370kg in the biathlon (208kg in the clean and jerk exercise and 162kg in the snatch exercise).
8. Matches of the second round were held in the Ashgabat Football Cup. “Altyn Asyr” outplayed the substitutes “Ahal” (3:1), “Ashgabat” and “Kopetdag” parted ways (1:1). After two rounds, “Altyn Asyr” is in the lead in the standings. The tournament will end on May 18.