1. Cash gifts will be given to the women in Turkmenistan on the occasion of International Women's Day on March 8. The corresponding Decree was signed on February 24 by President Serdar Berdimuhamedov. According to the document, gifts in the amount of 60 manats in honor of International Women's Day are ordered to be handed over from March 1 to 6, 2023.
2. The “Turkmenistan” Airlines has made changes to the tariffs for flights from Russia to Turkmenistan. For citizens of the republic and foreigners, the cost of tickets will now be the same. Tickets are already on sale at a single price. The cost of an air ticket from Moscow to Ashgabat for March 2023 is from 30,775 rubles, from Kazan to Ashgabat - from 29,635 rubles.
3. Three million seedlings of deciduous, coniferous, fruit trees and grapes are planned to be planted in Turkmenistan this year “in order to turn the country into a flourishing land, as well as the successful implementation of the National Forest Program for 2021-2025”. The corresponding Decree was signed by President Serdar Berdimuhamedov during the February 24 meeting of the Cabinet of Ministers. In accordance with the document, 1,5 million seedlings are to be planted by ministries, departments and the Ashgabat administration. The second half - to the velayat administrations.
4. Ogulshirin Tacheva, student of the Oguz Han University of Engineering Technology of Turkmenistan discovered a way to process plastic waste into liquid fuel. Ogulshirin studied world practices and developed her own method for 4 years. With the help of her development, she managed to obtain liquid fuels, combustible gas and building materials. In addition, the method she discovered supports the environment: the workflow ensures that no toxic substances are released into the atmosphere.
5. The nomination of candidates for the elections of deputies of the Mejlis, members of the velayat, etrap and city halk maslahaty and Gengeshes, which will be held on March 26, 2023, has ended in Turkmenistan. After registration with the relevant election commissions, which will end on February 28, the lists of candidates will be published in the press.
6. The official sales office of the Turkish Airlines has opened in Mary. Currently, regular flights to Istanbul are organized from Ashgabat International Airport. Now the airline operates flights from Ashgabat to Istanbul on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays, and from March 24 it will start flying every day. Tickets to Istanbul can be purchased in Mary, on the street Bagtyyarlyk, building 52 A/2. Phone for information: (+993 52) 27 00 85.
7. France will start preparing for another summer drought in March. The government may impose severe restrictive measures on water use. Ecological Transformation Minister Christophe Bechoux said France is on high alert. The politician wants to make sure in advance not to end up in a catastrophic situation in July. He confirmed that strict restrictive measures on water use could be announced from Monday, which will come into effect from March, “to avoid catastrophic situations this summer”.
8. A resident of the UK has grown a sunflower with a huge head, the weight of which is comparable to a bowling ball. 44 years old Kevin Forti from Wales, together with his family, was able to grow a sunflower whose head weighs 6,44 kilograms. The record holder was grown from sunflower seeds of the “Forti” family, bred by Kevin's father. The sunflower has been growing for over 20 weeks. Its height reached 3,35 meters. During this time, the Forti family took care of the plant with fertilizers and additives. For the sunflower, a special irrigation regime was organized using a drip system and a timer.
9. The TV channel “Match TV” will show the opening ceremony of the winter sports games “Children of Asia” with the participation of the team of Turkmenistan. On February 23, the II Winter International Sports Games “Children of Asia” officially started in Russia. The solemn opening ceremony of the event will take place on February 25 at the “Kuzbass” ice palace in Kemerovo. A live broadcast of the opening ceremony will be shown on “Match TV” on February 25 at 18:00 Ashgabat time.
10. In the 1/2 finals of the AFC Champions League in the “West” zone, Qatari “Al-Duhail” will meet with “Al-Hilal” from Saudi Arabia. At the quarter-final stage, “Al-Duhail” beat “Al-Shabab” (2:1), and “Al-Hilal” coped with “Fulad” (1:0). The semi-final matches of the AFC Champions League in the “West” zone will be held on February 26, 2023 at the “El Tumama” stadium in Doha. The AFC Champions League final this season will consist of a two-legged series and will take place at the end of spring 2023.
11. The XII Futsal Universiade, held among students of Turkmen universities, has ended in the sports complex of the International University of Oil and Gas in Ashgabat. In the final match, the team “Maliechi” of the Turkmen State Institute of Finance won with a score of 4: 1 over “Talyp sports” of the Turkmen State Institute of Physical Education and Sports. The third were futsal players from the International University of Oil and Gas.
12. On February 25-26, Warsaw will host the 2023 European Judo Open Championship. The judokas of Turkmenistan have been actively preparing for these competitions. They held training camps in Poland. Turkmenistan will be represented by 13 athletes at the European Open Championship. Competitions will be held in seven weight categories for both men and women.