1. Russian pop musician of Azerbaijani origin JONY performed his first solo concert in Turkmenistan. Fans of JONY's work did not let go of their favorite artist for a long time. About 10 thousand people attended the performance. Among the audience were representatives of the older generation, and youth, and teenagers, and not only from Ashgabat, there were also those who specially came to the concert of the artist from other velayats.
2. The solemn ceremony of awarding the winners of the contest “The Best Museum of the Country in 2022” was held at the State Museum of the State Cultural Center of Turkmenistan. The competition among museums was held in 5 nominations: museums of velayat, city, etrap, rural significance and branches of state museums competed among themselves. “The best velayat museum of the year” was the Local History Museum of the Balkan velayat.
3. Acceptance of applications for education in the universities of the Russian Federation from foreign citizens, including Turkmenistan, within the framework of the state quota has started. You can register and apply electronically on the Education in the Russian Federation for Foreigners portal. Applications for the 2023/24 year of study will be accepted until 20 February.
4. The leaders of the CIS countries received rings with the symbols of the Commonwealth at an informal summit in St. Petersburg. Nine club rings were specially prepared for the informal meeting of the CIS leaders. On them - congratulations for the New Year. The informal summit of the CIS countries was attended by the Presidents of Russia Vladimir Putin, Belarus Alexander Lukashenko, Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev, Kazakhstan Kassym-Jomart Tokayev, Tajikistan Emomali Rahmon, Turkmenistan Serdar Berdimuhamedov, Kyrgyzstan Sadyr Japarov, Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev and Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan.
5. The container block train, sent from Uzbekistan to Europe for the first time, has arrived in Baku. The train from the port of Turkmenbashi to the port of Baku was delivered by the “Balkan” feeder vessel. Then it will be sent from Baku to the Bulgarian port of Burgas.
6. The State Symphony Orchestra of Turkmenistan conducted by Rasul Klychev held a “New Year's Light” at the Mukams Palace. The concert evening was a full house and included music from famous films, as well as performances by soloists Maysa Niyazova, Nury Nuryev and Dovran Shammyev.
7. In Lebap velayat, a New Year's charity event is being held to present New Year's gifts to people with disabilities. The events have already been held in the health-improving educational center of the Lebap velayat, in the velayat orphanage, and in the home for the disabled and the elderly.
8. European hotels plan to abandon the practice of offering guests personal hygiene products in disposable bottles and packages - shower gels, shampoos, liquid soaps, creams, etc. This measure is aimed at reducing the production of plastic. Now hygiene products in European hotels will be contained in large reusable bottles, or guests will have to bring hygiene products with them.
9. English football club “Liverpool” has acquired the striker of the Dutch national team and PSV Cody Gakpo. The parties agreed to move the player to the next transfer window. The player's contract is for 6 years, and the amount of the transfer, excluding bonuses, will be 37 million pounds. At the last World Cup, the Dutch striker scored three goals in five matches.
10. Iranian national team forward Mehdi Taremi became one of the top scorers in the history of “Porto” football club. Taremi has achieved a symbolic record in the ranking of top scorers. Returning from the World Cup in Qatar, the Iranian striker scored in the group stage match of the Portuguese League Cup against Gil Vicente (2:0), ranking 25th among the top scorers in the club's history.