Walking – is an effective way to maintain health and youth. Also, it is the simplest and most natural exercise, that is able to do for a person of any age.
- While walking, increases blood circulation, cells are enriched with oxygen, which subsequently has a beneficial effect on the proper functioning of all organs and systems of the body.
- Regular walking helps to strengthen the immune system and helps to avoid respiratory diseases, that is especially important during the period of seasonal diseases.
- Strengthening of muscles and increased blood circulation relives joint pain in the elderly.
- Walking – is one of the most effective ways to lose weight. Excess calories are burned, and muscle mass is strengthened thanks to daily walks. It should be noted, that while walking the calorie expenditure is not much different from running.
- An active lifestyle and physical activity have a positive effect on the nervous system and the sleep quality of human.
- It is enough to choose practical clothes and comfortable shoes for walking.
How much you should walk, to improve your health?
- You should start with 15-20 minutes at a moderate pace, gradually increasing the speed and time.
- Doctors recommend to walk about 1,5-2 hours a day, at an average speed, this will be about 4 km.
- It is better to walk on a road with ups and downs.
- Try not to keep the same speed while walking, and go from fast to slow and vice versa.
It is important to observe the position of the body while walking:
- keep straight your back
- lift up your head
- straighten your shoulders
- tighten the stomach
- lean on the heals, push off with the toe
- while walking fast bend your arms at the elbows
Remember! If you – a fast food lover, then after having a snack with a hamburger, it will take about 1 hour and 43 minutes to burn the calories, received along with it. And to burn off the calories, that contents in one M&M, you have to walk around the football field.
Resources: heaclub.ru; stoneforest.ru; medaboutme.ru.