1. Turkmenistan will take part in the first “Toji Somon” International Film Festival, which will be held in Dushanbe from October 15 to 19. The festival will feature feature and short film competitions. At the moment, more than 25 films from different countries, including from Turkmenistan, have already been reviewed and watched.
2. A number of new schools were solemnly opened in Ahal velayat: in the village of Akdepe of the Baherden etrap - for 960 places, in the village of Berkarar of the gengeshlik of Kichi aga of the Serakhs etrap - for 600 places, in the village of Govshut of the Kaahka etrap - for 400 places, in the village of Shukur bagshy of the Kaahka etrap - for 600 places, in the village of Garakhan, Kaahka etrap - for 400 places.
3. President of Turkmenistan Serdar Berdimuhamedov has set a start date for the cotton harvest, which will begin on September 9 in Ahal, Balkan, Lebap and Mary velayats, and on September 15 in Dashoguz velayat.
4. The Museum of Fine Arts of Turkmenistan has opened a traditional exhibition of Turkmen artists dedicated to the Day of Knowledge and Students. Among the exhibits of the exhibition there are many works of cult artists.
5. Participants of the first international rally “Silk Road from the Danube to Orhun” were met in the capital of Turkmenistan. The main goal of this motorsport event is to strengthen friendly ties between the countries of East and West. In Ashgabat, the athletes were warmly welcomed by representatives of local authorities. During the visit, the participants of the rally got acquainted with the sights of the city. In total, during the race, motorists will have to overcome a distance of about 11 thousand kilometers, passing through several countries.
6. Rossotrudnichestvo and the International Institute for Occupational Safety and Health are organizing a series of methodological events for Russian language teachers abroad, including those from Turkmenistan. Training will be held in a remote format on the topic “Organization of coursework for Russian as a foreign language abroad”. The training program consists of four modules and will be held in two streams: from September 9 to 16 and from October 21 to 28, 2023. Upon completion, participants will receive certificates.
7. Global warming in the future, in addition to harm, can also bring benefits - the wine industry of agriculture is developing in Finland. The government intends to achieve the status of a wine-producing country for Finland in the near future. The climate is also rapidly warming in the northern regions, which permits Finnish farmers to actively develop the cultivation of grapes.
8. The Screen Actors Guild is about to go on strike again, this time against video game companies. The main demands of the strikers are higher wages and protection from artificial intelligence, because of which actors can lose the opportunity to voice characters and even play roles themselves.
9. The Turkish women's volleyball team won gold medals at the European Championships held in Belgium, Germany, Italy and Estonia. In a tough final match in Brussels, the Turkish athletes beat the Serbian team with a score of 3-2. The bronze medal went to the Netherlands, who beat Italy 3-0 in the third place match. This victory was historic for the Turkish women's volleyball team, which for the first time managed to win the title of European champion.
10. Turkmen weightlifters take part in the world championship, which starts today in Riyadh. The Turkmen delegation included 22 people, including 15 athletes. Yulduz Jumabayeva will be the first of the Turkmen weightlifters to take to the platform, her performance is scheduled for September 6. The World Championship will be held from September 4 to 14. The tournament will bring together more than 600 weightlifters from 100 countries to compete for places in the rankings that determine the participants in the Paris 2024 Olympic Games.
11. The coaching staff of the national football team of Turkmenistan, headed by Mergen Orazov, called up 23 players for the September gathering of the team, including three legionnaires - Ruslan Mingazov from the Hong Kong “Kitchee”, Teymur Charyev from the Kyrgyz “Abdysh-Ata” and Vepa Jumayev from the Belarusian “Energetika- BGU”. In September, the national team of Turkmenistan will play two friendly matches. 8th against Indonesia and 12th against the Bahrain national team. It is important to emphasize that these friendly matches will be an important part of the preparation of the national team of Turkmenistan for the qualifying matches of the 2026 World Cup.