1. President of Turkmenistan Serdar Berdimuhamedov held an expanded meeting of the Cabinet of Ministers, during which the results of the work of all sectors of the national economy of Turkmenistan over the past six months of this year were summed up. At the meeting, the reports of the relevant vice-premiers and heads of sectoral departments were heard, a clear assessment was given to the work done in January-June 2023. In addition, priorities for the second half of this year were identified, and personnel issues were considered - appointments and dismissals.
The Head of State signed a Decree, according to which, from January 1, 2024, wages, pensions, state benefits, scholarships for students and trainees will be increased by 10% in Turkmenistan. The minimum wage in the country will be 1280 manats.
President Serdar Berdimuhamedov allowed the Government of Turkmenistan to go on labor leave from August 1 to September 1. At the same time, he stressed that the leaders will be able to spend their holidays in Avaza, Archman and Yylysuva or in other health resorts of the country.
The head of state signed the Decree, approving plans for admission to study in 2023 in universities and vocational schools of Turkmenistan. The admission campaign will run from July 17 to 30.
The government also announced the results of the complete population and housing census conducted in December 2022. As of December 17, 2022, the total population of Turkmenistan was 7 million 57 thousand 841 people. Of these, more than 50% are women.
2. The health festival will be held on July 18 from 7:00 to 10:00 in the morning on the territory of the Ashgabat children's park “The world of Turkmenbashi's fairy tales”. Festival participants will be greeted by young athletes - roller skaters, hockey players, gymnasts, cyclists, football players and basketball players. The program of the event will include fun starts, as well as yoga for children, bicycle races, and a relay race with catamarans. The festive atmosphere will be supported by performances of musicians.
3. Magtymguly Turkmen State University continues accepting documents from candidates for selection for study at universities in Romania. Advantages when submitting documents will be given to candidates who have confirmed the completion of SAT, IELTS or TOEFL courses, as well as participants in international and winners of state Olympiads. It is worth noting that the grant covers the cost of tuition, accommodation and meals. Applicants are also paid a scholarship. Documents are accepted until July 20, 2023.
4. “Turkmenistan” Airlines reminds about the start of sales of online tickets for flights to Ashgabat from different cities of the world. You can book air tickets from Moscow, Kazan, Delhi, London, Beijing and Frankfurt. You can buy tickets online using bank cards connected to the internal payment system of Turkmenistan “Altyn Asyr”.
5. During the XI session of the ministers of tourism of the member states of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, the Uzbek city of Khiva was declared the tourist capital of the Islamic world in 2024. In March next year, the official opening of the international event “Khiva - the tourist capital of the Islamic world in 2024” will take place in Khiva, and the XII session of the Ministers of Tourism of the OIC member states will also be held in the city. In addition, this and next year Khiva will host the participants of the gastronomic Taste of Uzbekistan Festival and the international competitions in strength athletics Strongmen.
6. A team of archaeologists working in the Santa Elina caves in central Brazil have found artifacts that do not fit into the generally accepted theory of the settlement of the territory of South America. The dating of sloth bone ornaments has shown that they are between 25 000 and 27 000 years old. This means that the first humans arrived in South America much earlier after migrating from Africa and then from Eurasia.
7. The eighth stage of the “Silk Way” International Rally became the longest for all days of the race - in total, the crews covered 772 kilometers. Among serial SUVs of the T2 standings, the leader of the race, Anton Melnikov, driving the Toyota LC 200 of the “Podmoskovye” team, again became the fastest. Three pilots of the Automobile Sports Federation of Turkmenistan immediately followed him: Merdan Toylyev, three hours behind the leader, comes second, Maksatmyrat Danatarov is third, and Shamyrat Gurbanov is fourth. Top-5 of the T2 standings is closed by Leonid Petrov. There is one day left before the finish line of the largest rally-raid in Eurasia, decisive kilometers are ahead.
8. The national team of Turkmenistan will take part in the World Aquatics Championship in Japan. Within the framework of the competition, medals will be played in swimming, synchronized swimming, diving, open water swimming, water polo and high diving. Turkmen athletes will take part in open water swimming competitions.