1. The President of Turkmenistan Serdar Berdimuhamedov ordered to speed up the pace of the grain harvesting campaign during a working video conference on Monday with the heads of regions and Deputy Prime Minister Annageldi Yazmyradov, who is in charge of the agro-industrial complex. Having listened to the reports of the hyakims of the velayats, the head of state emphasized the importance of a responsible approach to agricultural work, ordering to accelerate the pace of harvesting, carry it out in a quality and organized manner, and ensure the coordinated and uninterrupted activities of all involved structures.
2. At the National Music and Drama Theater named after Magtymguly, final preparations are underway for the premiere of the opera performance “Arkach”. The well-known folk destan “Ayna” served as the literary basis of the opera narrative. The performance tells about an event that took place in the settlement of Arkach in the XVIII century. The new opera is dedicated to the healing and inspiring power of music, which helps to maintain love and fidelity. The new opera performance is timed to coincide with the widely celebrated Day of Cultural and Art Workers in Turkmenistan, established on June 27.
3. The ceremony of seeing off the graduates was held at the Turkmen State Institute of Finance. For the first time, the university graduated 20 specialists in a new direction – “financial monitoring”. A new specialty was introduced at the university in 2018, and now ready-made personnel for the country's dynamically developing financial system are leaving the walls of the university.
4. The Embassy of India in Turkmenistan is preparing to celebrate the International Day of Yoga on June 21 on a grand scale. On the eve of this day, Embassy staff with their families took part in a yoga class on the territory of the Ashgabat golf club, which offers a picturesque view. Let us remind that in honor of the International Day of Yoga, the Embassy has already held mass events in the velayat centers. Ashgabat will celebrate International Yoga Day on June 21 at the “Bagtyyarlyk” sports complex.
5. One of the largest jazz festivals in the world has opened in Moscow. Artists from different countries came to the festival of music. The opening of the Moscow Jazz Festival was held in the “Zaryadye” large hall for one and a half thousand seats. The “Blues for Four” quartet and Igor Butman's orchestra were the first to take the stage. Their team has been on stage for more than a quarter of a century. The jazz festival will run until June 25, more than a thousand artists will perform in front of the audience.
6. In Mexico City, a world record was set for the number of people boxing at the same time in the city square. Almost 30 thousand people took up boxing at the same time in the Constitution Square of the Mexican capital, which is twice as many as in 2022. The record lesson, listed in the Guinness World Records, was held by the famous Mexican boxer Julio Cesar Chavez.
7. The Minister of Sports and Tourism of the Republic of Belarus Sergei Kovalchuk, within the framework of a working visit to Ashgabat, met with the Chairman of the Hockey Federation of Turkmenistan and invited Turkmen hockey players to training camps in Minsk. During a short conversation held in the box for guests of honor of the Winter Sports Complex, Kovalchuk assessed the level of Turkmen hockey and wished the national team success at the upcoming world championship in the third division of group “A”, which will be held in Bishkek from March 10 to 16, 2024. It is also worth noting that the exhibition match of the national team of Turkmenistan was held at the arena of the Sports Complex. The team played a two-sided game, which ended with a score of 2:1 in favor of the “greens”.
8. The opening ceremony of the eighth WKF Karate Championship of Central Asia was held in the capital of Kyrgyzstan. The best athletes from Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan participate in the tournament. The ceremony was attended by guests of honor, including the President of the Central Asian Karate-do Federation Sarsenbay Abdullayev. In total, 30 sets of medals in three age categories will be played within the framework of the tournament.
9. Ten medals - three gold, one silver and six bronze - were won by Turkmen kickboxers at the World Cup held in Hungary. More than 2000 athletes from 41 countries took part in the competition. Turkmen kickboxers achieved this success under the guidance of the honored coach Alexander Snagovsky.