1. Turkmen doctors, who worked by order of President Serdar Berdimuhamedov in the maternity hospital of the village of Turgundi, provided medical and advisory assistance to 473 women and 276 children. Assistance was provided to pregnant women, patients with various gynecological diseases and newborns. In total, 12 children were born in Turgundi during the medical and advisory activities of Turkmen doctors. It should be noted that the humanitarian mission of three doctors was carried out from May 15 to 31.
2. Serdar Berdimuhamedov, at the invitation of the Turkish side, took part in the inauguration ceremony of Recep Tayyip Erdogan as the newly elected President of the Republic of Türkiye. The inauguration ceremony was held in the country's parliament building in Ankara, during which Erdogan took the oath, and the interim chairman of the Turkish parliament, Devlet Bahceli, handed over to the head of state a document indicating victory in the elections. In addition to the President of Turkmenistan, the solemn event was attended by representatives of over 90 delegations, including more than 40 heads of foreign states, governments and parliaments, as well as international organizations. Recep Tayyip Erdogan officially became President of Türkiye for the third time. He will remain in office until 2028.
3. On Saturday, the National Leader of the Turkmen people, Chairman of the Halk Maslahaty of Turkmenistan Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov tested an electric car in Arkadag on a working trip to this city. As previously reported, in the city of Arkadag, which is being built on an area of 950 hectares 30 kilometers southwest of the Turkmen capital, it is planned to introduce ground public electric transport. This will be the first fact of using public electric transport in Turkmenistan. During a working trip, the head of the highest representative body of the people's power of Turkmenistan got acquainted with modern electric buses and electric cars that will run around Arkadag.
4. In Ashgabat, at the National Music and Drama Theater named after Magtymguly, a joint Turkmen-Italian concert “VERDI”, dedicated to the 210th anniversary of the outstanding composer, was successfully held. The State Symphony Orchestra of Turkmenistan conducted by Rasul Klychev and a specially invited guest, the famous Italian opera singer Maria Piscitelli, shone on the stage. The concert was organized by the Italian Embassy in Turkmenistan jointly with the Ministry of Culture of the country.
5. A festive children's festival was celebrated in Ashgabat on the Day of the Russian Language and the 224th anniversary of the birth of A.S. Pushkin. The event was held on Sunday in the “Ashgabat” park of the capital, about 500 admirers of his talent joined the action. The Embassy of Russia and the Russian House in Ashgabat organized a large stage in the park, which played out bright theatrical performances based on Pushkin's fairy tales. The festival did not leave anyone indifferent, adults along with children played quizzes, had fun and sincerely rejoiced at the holiday.
6. The filming of one of the most anticipated films of 2023, “Barbie”, starring Ryan Gosling and Margot Robbie, has led to a global shortage of Rosco paints in all shades of pink. Director Greta Gerwig insisted that everything on set be pink: the dollhouse, furniture, accessories, and more. The romantic comedy “Barbie” premieres on July 21.
7. The coast of the US state of Florida was covered with a huge mass of algae, the total weight of which is estimated at 13 million tons. In addition to a sharp putrid odor that scares off fans of a beach holiday, algae contain Vibrio vulnificus bacteria. If ingested through the intestinal mucosa, these bacteria can lead to sepsis and even death. Volunteers and specialists will clean the coast from harmful algae, without fail using thick rubber gloves and special grips to prevent contact with the bacterium.
8. Today, the opening ceremony of the Central Asian tennis tournament among players under 12 years old was held in the Ashgabat Olympic village. The tournament is organized by the Tennis Federation of Turkmenistan jointly with the International Federation of this sport. After the opening ceremony, Turkmen tennis players met with rivals from Kyrgyzstan, and came out as the winners of the confrontation. The tournament will end on June 9.
9. Ashgabat will host the Cup of the Football Federation of Turkmenistan. The tournament will be held from June 6 to 14. The clubs of the Major League of Turkmenistan – “Altyn asyr”, “Ashgabat”, “Shagadam”, “Energetik”, “Merv” and “Ahal” will take part in it. Matches of the Federation Cup will be held at the stadiums “Ashgabat”, “Sport toplumy” (Buzmeyin etrap) and the housing complex “Bagir”.
10. “Milan” striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has announced his retirement. “You welcomed me with open arms and I will remain a Milanist for the rest of my life. It's time to say goodbye to football, but not to you”, - Ibrahimovic said after meeting Verona. This season, Ibrahimovic has four matches for “Milan” in all competitions, in which he scored one goal, converting a penalty.