2. A procession of the “Immortal Regiment” was held in Ashgabat. A patriotic action initiated by the Embassy of the Russian Federation in Turkmenistan was held on the territory of the Joint Turkmen-Russian School named after A.S. Pushkin. More than 1200 people took part in the procession of the “Immortal Regiment”. According to the established tradition, adults and children with portraits of their grandfathers, great-grandfathers, grandmothers, great-grandmothers and other relatives who participated in the Great Patriotic War, marched in a solemn procession around the school building.
3. Turkmenistan will soon send humanitarian aid to the Afghan people. The corresponding Decree was signed by President Serdar Berdimuhamedov. According to the document, medicines and medical supplies, goods and food products are ordered to be transferred to neighboring Afghanistan in May 2023 as humanitarian aid.
4. The heads of states of Central Asia will visit China. According to the official representative of the Chinese Foreign Ministry, the presidents Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan, which will be joined by the head of Turkmenistan Serdar Berdimuhamedov, will take part in the China-Central Asia summit. The summit will be held in Xi'an, the capital of Shaanxi Province, under the chairmanship of Xi Jinping.
5. From May 10 to 30, an exhibition of Italian photographers will be held at the Museum of Fine Arts of Turkmenistan. The exhibition will showcase the work of 75 photographers who have depicted Italy, each in their own way telling a story of charm and diversity - nature and people. The images were made using various techniques and artistic methods, the press service of the Italian Embassy in Ashgabat said.
6. Early presidential elections in Uzbekistan will be held on July 9, 2023. This was reported on the website of the head of state. It is noted that the President of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev decided to schedule elections for July 9. The Central Election Commission of Uzbekistan was instructed to ensure the organization and conduct of voting. These elections will be the first after the introduction of amendments to the Constitution of Uzbekistan, providing for an increase in the term of office of the head of state from five to seven years. According to the constitutional law, Shavkat Mirziyoyev, who is in office for the second term, can again run for the presidency.Sport
7. Medine Amanova from Turkmenistan won a silver medal in the 64kg weight category at the Asian Weightlifting Championships in Chinju. Amanova finished second with 207 kg (90 in the snatch + 117 in the clean and jerk). The victory was won by an athlete from Mongolia with a result of 211 kg in the biathlon.
8. The national team of Turkmenistan in judo was headed by a Japanese specialist, champion of Asia-1995 and Asian Games-1998 Kazuhiko Tokuno. For two years, as the head coach of the national team, he will train judokas of Turkmenistan for world championships and other major international competitions.
9. The city's open tennis championship among children under 12 has ended in Ashgabat. The tournament was held in the Tennis Complex of the Olympic Village. The competition was organized by the Tennis Federation, together with the Main Department of Sports and Youth Policy of Ashgabat. More than 90 athletes from different parts of Turkmenistan took part in the championship. According to the results of the competition, the first place in singles and doubles among boys and girls under 12 years old was taken by the athlete of the tennis club “Ashgabat” Sulgun Ishankuliyeva. In doubles, she achieved this success together with a student of the Turkmen-Russian school named after A.S. Pushkin Anna Ponyatova.
10. “Paris Saint-Germain's” Argentine forward Lionel Messi has been named the 2022 Sportsman of the Year by the “Laureus” World Sports Academy. In the fight for the award, Messi beat his teammate Frenchman Kylian Mbappe, two-time “Formula-1” champion Dutchman Max Verstappen, Spanish tennis player Rafael Nadal and American basketball player Stephen Curry.