1. Hero of Turkmenistan and Russia, Deputy Head of the Cosmonaut Training Center, commander of the “Roscosmos” cosmonaut corps Oleg Kononenko, together with “Roscosmos” cosmonaut Nikolai Chub and NASA astronaut Laurel O'Hara, will leave for the International Space Station on September 15. The flight of astronauts is planned on the “Soyuz MS-24” manned spacecraft within the framework of the ISS-70 expedition.
2. The movement of trucks through the international automobile checkpoint “Bajgiran” on the border of Iran and Turkmenistan has been resumed. Truck traffic has been suspended for three years due to restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic. After the resumption of traffic at the “Bajgiran” checkpoint, all checkpoints between Iran and Turkmenistan became active and available for the transportation of goods and passengers by road, rail and sea.
3. The farmers of Turkmenistan started the sowing campaign of cotton. Cotton growers of Ahal, Balkan, Lebap and Mary velayats started sowing “white gold”. Sowing campaign in Dashoguz velayat will start on March 29. In the regions of the country, the necessary activities were carried out for the organized start of the sowing campaign in accordance with the norms of agricultural technology, including the preparation of cotton seeds and agricultural machinery.
4. Turkmenistan will conduct science-based training of its national teams for the 33rd Summer Olympic and 17th Summer Paralympic Games, which will be held in Paris in 2024. The corresponding Decree was signed by President Serdar Berdimuhamedov during an expanded meeting of the Cabinet of Ministers on Friday. According to the document, the State Committee for Physical Culture and Sports is instructed to provide evidence-based preparation for the games, as well as to develop and approve a program and action plan for its implementation.
5. In April, the Turkmen National Conservatory will host 2 concerts dedicated to the 150th anniversary of the Russian composer, pianist and conductor Sergei Rachmaninoff. The first concert will be held on April 1 in the Great Hall of the Conservatory at 18:00. The second musical evening will be held on April 19 in the Small Hall of the Conservatory at 18:00. Entrance to the concerts is free!
6. Priority issues of cooperation in the Commonwealth format were discussed on Friday by the President of Turkmenistan Serdar Berdimuhamedov with the CIS Secretary General Sergey Lebedev, who heads the mission of observers for the elections of deputies to the Mejlis of Turkmenistan, which will be held on March 26.
7. The first 3D printed Terran 1 launch vehicle failed on launch. She was unable to reach orbit due to engine failure. The launch of the world's first 3D printed rocket was carried out from the launch pad at the US Space Force base at Cape Canaveral in Florida. In the future, the rocket will be able to launch cargo weighing more than 1 ton into low earth orbits. The cost of one launch is estimated at about 12 million USD.
8. Former British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has apologized for misleading Parliament about Downing Street parties in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic. Johnson testified before the Parliamentary Privileges Committee. Before the start, the former head of government, in violation of the regulations, even swore on the Bible. If it is established that the deception of Parliament was intentional, then Johnson could be deprived of his parliamentary mandate.
9. “Bayern” Munich have announced the dismissal of head coach Julian Nagelsmann. 49 years old Thomas Tuchel has been appointed as the new head coach, with a contract signed until June 30, 2025. Nagelsmann has been coaching “Bayern” since the summer of 2021. Under his leadership, the team became the champion of Germany, and also won the country's Supercup twice.
10. Mesut Ozil, the 2014 World Cup champion in the German national team, has announced his retirement from professional football. 34 years old Ozil has played for “Schalke”, “Werder”, “Real” Madrid, “Arsenal” London, “Fenerahce” and “Istanbul Basaksehir” throughout his career. At the international level, Ozil played 92 matches for the German national team, scored 23 goals and gave 40 assists.
11. Forward of the Italian “Spezia” Eldor Shomurodov scored the winning goal for the national football team of Uzbekistan in a friendly match against the team of Bolivia. The meeting was held in Saudi Arabia and ended in favor of Uzbekistan with a score of 1:0. Shomurodov scored in the 36th minute. The 27 years old Uzbek footballer moved on loan to “La Spezia” from “Roma” in January 2023.