1. President of Turkmenistan Serdar Berdimuhamedov arrived on a two-day official visit to Qatar. At the Hamad International Airport in Doha, the head of Turkmenistan was met by officials and members of the Turkmen delegation. Following the talks between the President of Turkmenistan and the Emir of the State of Qatar, bilateral documents are expected to be signed. It is planned that the heads of state will also take part in the opening ceremony of the Embassy of Turkmenistan in the State of Qatar in Doha.
2. The Ministry of Culture of Turkmenistan announced the extension of the deadline for submitting documents for selection for training in universities of the Russian Federation in the areas of culture and art until March 25. Documents are accepted in Ashgabat by the selection committee of the Turkmen State Institute of Culture.
3. President of Turkmenistan Serdar Berdimuhamedov ordered to start sowing cotton on March 24 in Ahal, Balkan, Lebap and Mary velayats, and in Dashoguz velayat on March 29.
4. In Turkmenistan, with the participation of President Serdar Berdimuhamedov, a new planting season has been launched within the framework of a large-scale nationwide program to turn the country into a flourishing land. Members of the Government, representatives of ministries and departments, university students and residents of Turkmenistan also took part in the mass planting of trees. During the spring planting campaign throughout Turkmenistan, it is planned to plant 1,5 million seedlings of various trees and grapes.
5. Turkmenistan will celebrate the International Day of Nowruz, celebrated on the planet on March 21, with festive celebrations. Foreign guests are expected to take part in the celebrations, the epicenter of which will be the Nowruz ýaýlasy town in the Ak Bugday etrap of the Ahal velayat.
6. The third quarter has ended in Turkmen schools. The kids are already on vacation. This year they will last 9 days, from March 20 to 28 inclusive. The academic year in Turkmenistan is divided into 4 academic periods. The fourth quarter will continue until May 25.
7. President of Turkmenistan Serdar Berdimuhamedov signed a Resolution according to which the Ministry of Education will purchase laptop computers as a gift to schoolchildren admitted to the first grade of secondary schools in the 2023-2024 academic year.
In 2022, first-graders in Turkmenistan received 159 thousand 772 computers on behalf of the President of the country and the National Leader of the Turkmen people.
8. Employers and employees of the CIS countries will be included in the Commonwealth's unified labor market register. This was discussed during the annual labor forum held in St. Petersburg. The theme of the forum was the improvement of legislation in the field of labor migration. The creation of such a register will permit potential employees and employers to have more information about the situation in the CIS labor market and facilitate the search for work and job candidates.
9. Turkmen judoka Serdar Rahimov won a gold medal on the first day of the European Junior Cup, which takes place in Sarajevo, the capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina. This success was achieved by a 1st year student of the Turkmen State Institute of Architecture and Civil Engineering in the weight category up to 66 kg.
10. “Barcelona” won a strong-willed victory over “Real Madrid” in the match of the 26th round of the Spanish Football Championship. The meeting at the “Camp Nou” stadium ended with the score 2:1. The victory for “Barcelona” was brought by the ball of Frank Kessier, scored on the 92nd. In Turkmenistan, the game was broadcast live by the Turkmenistan Sport TV channel. Barcelona top the Spanish Liga table with 68 points and 12 points ahead of second-placed “Real Madrid”.
11. Kazakhstani tennis player Elena Rybakina became the winner of the tournament in Indian Wells for the first time in her career. In the final match of the tournament, Rybakina defeated the representative of Belarus Arina Sobolenko with a score of 7:6, 6:4. Thanks to this victory, the first racket of Kazakhstan rose to the seventh position in the ranking of the Women's Tennis Association.