1. An exhibition dedicated to the 15th anniversary of the Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs has opened in the building of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Turkmenistan. On this occasion, President Serdar Berdimuhamedov sent a congratulatory address to its participants. Stressing that the development of the private sector is a priority for the national economy, the President, in particular, noted that Turkmen entrepreneurs adequately represent the state at the international level and increase its authority. The exhibition will continue its work from March 17 to 23.
2. President Serdar Berdimuhamedov and Martin Bouygues discussed the possibility of participation of the French company “Bouygues” in the planned national plans for further modernization of the Turkmen capital. President Serdar Berdimuhamedov praised the activities of “Bouygues” in Turkmenistan. During the meeting, the businessman informed President Serdar Berdimuhamedov about the state of affairs at the facilities entrusted to the company, and also voiced new proposals.
3. In Turkmenistan, early voting for the elections of deputies of the Mejlis, members of the velayat, city and etrap halk maslahaty and Gengeshes has begun in all constituencies. Early voting can, first of all, be used by citizens traveling on long business trips or vacations, as well as those who, for some reason, will not be able to come and vote on election day on March 26. All 2644 polling stations in the country are fully prepared for work. 42 polling stations are organized abroad, at the diplomatic missions of Turkmenistan.
4. “Kazan Helicopter Plant” is negotiating the supply of two helicopters to Turkmenistan - Mi-8 and “Ansat” for medical service. This was announced by Deputy Prime Minister of Tatarstan - Minister of Industry and Trade Oleg Korobchenko. In the period from 2009 to 2021, “Kazan Helicopter Plant” delivered 13 helicopters to Turkmenistan.
5. For representatives of the customs service of Turkmenistan, a training was held via videoconference on the protection of intellectual property from the company “Schmidt and Orlov”. At the training, customs officials were given information regarding trademarks. The experts shared materials on the facts of detecting counterfeit products, methods for distinguishing them from the original, and the practice of protecting intellectual property rights on the example of well-known product brands.
6. On the sidelines of the extraordinary summit of the Organization of Turkic States in Ankara, the National Leader of the Turkmen people Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov met with the President of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev. The head of the Halk Maslahaty of Turkmenistan discussed with Mirziyoyev the implementation of practical work on the creation of the “Shavat-Dashoguz” border trade zone. During the meeting, issues of practical implementation of the agreements reached during the high-level visits last year were considered.
7. Indian Praanvi Gupta is recognized as the youngest yoga instructor - she is only seven years old. She maintains her YouTube channel, starred in commercials and already has a certificate as a master of yoga, which she became interested in as early as 3,5 years. Gupta is included in the Guinness World Records as the youngest yoga instructor in the world.
8. The spring holiday of Nowruz was celebrated at the UNESCO Headquarters in Paris with an international event in which representatives of 10 countries of the world took part. Within the framework of the event, traditional national clothes and dishes were demonstrated, folk music sounded, guests were treated to dishes of national cuisines.
9. In the quarterfinals of the Cup of Russia, the match between “Akron” Togliatti and “Lokomotiv” Moscow was held, in which 26 years old pupil of Turkmen football Jamaldin Hojaniyazov took part. The meeting ended in a draw in regular time, and Hojaniyazov scored the decisive goal in the penalty shootout. “Akron”, which plays in the First League, advanced to the semi-finals of the Russian Cup. Jamaldin was born in the city of Bayramali. In 2012, he moved from the Yuri Konoplev Football Academy to “Zenit” St. Petersburg and at the age of 17 made his debut in the Russian Championship, as well as in the UEFA Champions League qualification.
10. Gianni Infantino has been re-elected for the second time as head of the International Football Federation. Elections were held in the capital of Rwanda. Infantino was the only candidate for FIFA President. His contract runs until 2027. The 52 years old functionary headed FIFA in 2016 and was elected for a second term in 2019.