1. A fighter from Turkmenistan, Dovletjan Yagshimuradov, defeated Lithuanian Julius Anglickas at the Bellator 292 tournament. The fight lasted three rounds. Yagshimuradov looked more accurate in the stance and better in the fight - he won with a score of 3:0 on takedowns and recorded almost 2-minute control on the ground to his credit. In this regard, the judges unanimously gave the victory to the fighter from Turkmenistan.
2. Over 3 million Turkish lira was donated by the citizens of Turkmenistan and Türkiye in Turkmenistan for the victims of the February 6 earthquake. This was announced by Turkish Ambassador Togan Oral in his press statement. The diplomat also spoke about the receipt and distribution of humanitarian aid sent by Turkmenistan to the disaster area.
3. At the first session of the 14th National People's Congress taking place in the Chinese capital, Xi Jinping was re-elected as President of the PRC. The decision was taken unanimously. Xi Jinping was congratulated on his re-election as President of the People's Republic of China for a third term by the National Leader of the Turkmen people, head of the Halk Maslahaty of Turkmenistan Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov and President of Turkmenistan Serdar Berdimuhamedov.
4. On March 18, a nationwide tree planting campaign will be held in Turkmenistan. This year, 3 million seedlings of various trees and grapes are planned to be planted throughout the country. Of these, 1,5 million will be planted during the spring planting campaign. The green campaign in Turkmenistan is held twice a year.
5. Passengers flying from Turkmenistan to China will be required to provide a negative PCR test certificate for COVID-19 when boarding the plane, according to a statement on the official website of “Turkmen airlines”. From March 19, 2023, “Turkmenistan” Airlines resumes regular passenger transportation on the Ashgabat-Beijing-Ashgabat route. Passengers without a certificate of a negative PCR test for a period of not more than 48 hours will not be able to get on the flight.
6. A resident of the city of Tejen in the Ahal velayat of Turkmenistan, Ahmed Alekperovich Ahmedov, celebrated his 101st birthday on March 9. The long-liver maintains clarity of mind, good health, and most importantly, the desire to enjoy life. Ahmed-aga's granddaughter Alina told the Turkmenportal correspondent that for many years her grandfather has invariably followed several rules - he takes daily walks, does not eat in the evening and does not eat meat, and prefers cereals for breakfast. Also, respecting medicine, he does not take any medication, believing that a healthy lifestyle and prayer are the best helpers.
7. Tatyana Afentyeva, the first female pilot from Tajikistan, has flown more than a thousand hours. In 2011, Afentyeva began her career as a flight attendant. She became a part of the Tajik airline Somon Air in 2020 as a co-pilot, performing training flights. On June 18, 2021, she made her first solo flight on the route Dushanbe - Tashkent - Dushanbe. Tatyana Afentyeva trained as a pilot at the Sasovo Civil Aviation Flight School in Russia, successfully passing all exams and final practical flight tests. Today, she is a qualified international pilot flying the Boeing 737 Next Generation. Tatyana's schedule includes regular flights to Moscow, Dubai, Beijing, Munich.
8. Basketball player Michael Jordan is the highest paid athlete in history. Jordan earned 3,3 billion USD during his sports career. Golfer Tiger Woods is second on the list of the richest athletes in the world with 2,5 billion USD, and Woods' colleague Arnold Palmer is third with 1,7 billion USD.
9. The International Ice Hockey Federation has announced the dates and times for the start of matches of the Asian and Oceania Championship among junior teams, which will be held from March 11 to 17 in Ulaanbaatar. Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Thailand, UAE, Mongolia and Iran will compete for the trophy. The junior team of Turkmenistan will play the first game on March 11 against the team of Uzbekistan. On March 12, Turkmen hockey players will play with Thailand, on March 14 - with the United Arab Emirates, on March 15 with the hosts of the championship - Mongolia, and will end the tournament on March 17 with a match with Iran.