1. The new sports cars that came to the disposal of the car center of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Turkmenistan were tested by the National Leader of the Turkmen people Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov. Having visited the autodrome of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, the chairman of the Halk Maslahaty on one of the cars drove several laps around a specialized site, checking the technical characteristics and speed of the car.
2. The general agent of the “Turkmenistan” Airlines in Russia announced a reduction in prices for tickets from Moscow to Ashgabat. For example, you can travel from Moscow to Ashgabat in March from 24,313 rubles. Earlier in February, a ticket was sold for 29,775 rubles one way. Air tickets for all flights of “Turkmenistan” Airlines can be purchased on the official website of the General Agent in the Russian Federation, as well as at agency sales offices in Moscow, Kazan and St. Petersburg.
3. Residents of Turkmenistan who wish to do an internship at the “Yandex” Academy can take part in remote selection for a Russian company's summer school. This summer, the Russian IT giant will launch four schools for students and beginners within its Academy. Education at the school is free, admission is on a competitive basis. You can apply now. The best students will be able to receive invitations to an internship or a place in the company's staff. To get into the school, you need to apply and pass a competitive selection based on a test task that will be sent on March 15. Classes will start at the beginning of summer.
4. The President of Turkmenistan Serdar Berdimuhamedov signed the Decree, permitting the relevant institutions, enterprises and organizations that are customers to conclude additional agreements on the commissioning of facilities with full readiness for operation with the improvement of the adjacent territory in the new modern administrative center of Ahal velayat. The document was adopted “for the purpose of socio-economic development of the regions, further improvement of the living standards of the population, as well as further enhancement of the beauty of the architectural and urban planning appearance of the city of Arkadag, Ahal velayat”.
5. “Turkmenistan” Airlines has extended the ground handling agreement with the Saudi company Saudi Ground Services. The agreement assumes that the air carrier will operate flights to King Abdulaziz International Airport and Prince Mohammed bin Abdulaziz International Airport until 2028.
6. Chinese short video service TikTok has announced that it will restrict video viewing for users under the age of 18. The restriction will operate in such a way that after 60 minutes of viewing, you will need to enter a passcode on the device in order to continue browsing. It will be possible to completely disable this feature only with the consent of the parents. TikTok is a social network where users create and watch short videos. The service is owned by Beijing-based “ByteDance”.
7. Cristiano Ronaldo, striker of the Portuguese national team and Saudi “Al-Nasr” football club, met with a boy who lost his father during an earthquake in Syria. A boy named Nabil Said took to social media to express his desire to meet his football idol. Information about this reached Ronaldo himself, and he invited Said to the match of the championship of Saudi Arabia. After the match, which ended in victory for “Al-Nasr”, Ronaldo approached the boy and talked to him.
8. Turkmen football player of “Kitchee” Ruslan Mingazov, who plays for the Hong Kong club “Kitchee”, scored two goals in the cup match against the Hong Kong team under 23. Mingazov entered the field in the starting lineup of his team and scored accurate shots in the 27th and 65th minutes. The meeting ended in favor of “Kitchee” with a score of 4:0.
9. UEFA has unveiled the official match ball for the Champions League final in Istanbul. The ball is made in blue, white and yellow colors, and the patterns on it pay tribute to the cultural heritage of Istanbul. The final of the current Champions League draw will be held in Istanbul at the Ataturk Olympic Stadium on June 10, 2023. Live broadcasts of the matches of the tournament in Turkmenistan can be watched on the air of the “Match TV” channel and the thematic channels of the holding.
10. The esports team from Turkmenistan Galkynysh Esport will take part in the regional qualifying tournament for the Dota 2 World Championship.
Galkynysh became the winner of the national qualifying tournament, where 8 teams took part. The World Championship will be held in the Romanian city of Iasi from August 24 to September 4.