1. Turkmenistan is preparing to send a third plane with humanitarian aid to victims of earthquakes in Türkiye. This was stated by the Turkish Ambassador to Ashgabat Togan Oral. Speaking at a charity event organized at the Turkish Visa Application Center in Ashgabat to help victims of the earthquakes in Türkiye, Togan Oral stressed that Turkmenistan was one of the first countries to take action to provide assistance.
2. Lebap cement plant produced 1,1 million tons of S-400 and S-500 cement in 2022. The enterprise exported abroad about 55 thousand tons of products necessary for construction. The enterprise went into operation in 2013.
3. This week on a large territory of Turkmenistan will be marked by rain. In some places it may rain with snow. In the regions of the country, precipitation is forecast until Friday, but it will be uneven.
4. The closing ceremony of the Days of Culture of the Islamic Republic of Iran in Turkmenistan was held in the Turkmen capital. The final musical chord of the creative holiday was the concert of the masters of art of the two countries, which was held on the stage of the Mukams Palace of the State Cultural Center. The events held within the framework of the Days of Iranian Culture introduced Ashgabat residents and guests of the Turkmen capital to the original palette of art of the friendly people, their original customs and traditions, modern achievements in the field of culture.
5. CIS Secretary General Sergei Lebedev will head the mission of observers at the elections of deputies of the Mejlis of Turkmenistan. Elections of deputies of the Mejlis of Turkmenistan are scheduled for March 26, 2023. On the same day, elections of members of the velayat, etrap and city halk maslahaty of the fifth convocation, as well as members of the Gengeshes of the ninth convocation, will be held in Turkmenistan.
6. A large asteroid with a diameter of about 800 meters will approach the Earth on February 16. Specialists of the Institute of Applied Mathematics of the Russian Academy of Sciences note that the celestial body will approach the Earth up to a distance of 4,6 million km, moving at a speed of 24,6 km/sec. Scientists noted that the precise astrometry of the asteroid will determine the trajectory of its movement and the degree of danger to the Earth.
7. The Harland & Wolff shipyard, famous for building the “Titanic” in the early XX century, plans to return to shipbuilding, which was discontinued in 2003. The company has awarded a 1,6 billion pounds sterling contract to the British Royal Navy to build three support ships for the British Royal Navy in partnership with the Spanish state company Navantia. The production of new warships will start in 2025 and be completed by 2032.
8. On the night of February 14-15, the first matches of the play-off round of the Champions League was held. “Milan” beat English “Tottenham” at the “San Siro” thanks to Brahim Diaz's early goal. The French “PSG” made it difficult for itself to win a ticket to the quarterfinals, losing at home to “Bayern” Munich. The outcome of the match was decided by Kingsley Coman's goal in the debut of the second half. The return matches in these pairs will be held on the night of March 8-9. Matches of the 1/8 finals of the Champions League will continue today. “Borussia” will host “Chelsea”, while “Benfica” will visit “Brugge”. Both matches can be seen live on “Match TV” and “Football 1” TV channels.
9. 17 years old FIDE master from Lebap velayat Lala Shohradova became the champion of Turkmenistan in chess. A 10th grade student of the 31st secondary school from the Danew etrap achieved this success by winning the women's major league tournament in Ashgabat, where 14 chess players competed for the championship title in a round-robin system.
10. American billionaire Elon Musk may become the owner of the English football club “Manchester United”. The head of “Twitter” is closely monitoring the situation around the sale of the “Red Devils”. Among the applicants for the acquisition of the English giant also appear several investors from Saudi Arabia, the United States, Qatar, China and Singapore. Elon Musk's fortune is estimated at 178 billion euros, and the estimated cost of the “Red Devils” is just over 5 billion euros.