1. An updated flight schedule to Turkmenistan has appeared on the official website of Dubai International Airport (UAE), which has been in effect since November 2022. During the autumn-winter schedule, “Turkmenistan” Airlines will operate regular flights from Dubai to Turkmenabat on Mondays and Wednesdays.
2. Russian President Vladimir Putin presented the Chairman of the Halk Maslahaty Milli Gengesh of Turkmenistan Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov with the Order of “Merit for the Fatherland”, IV degree. The head of the chamber of the Halk Maslahaty of the Turkmen Parliament was awarded him “for his great contribution to strengthening the strategic partnership between the Russian Federation and Turkmenistan”. The solemn ceremony of presenting the high award was held in the Kremlin.
3. “Census 2022: Cohesion, Happiness, Bright Future”. Under this motto, from December 17 to 27, 2022, a complete census of the population and housing stock of the country will be conducted in Turkmenistan - in this article, everything you need to know about the population census starting in Turkmenistan.
4. The Association of Automobile Schools of Turkmenistan of the “Turkmenawtoulaglary” Agency warns drivers about the dangers of listening to too loud music while driving. Experts recommend listening to music while driving at a low volume, and turn it off completely on busy highways and during peak hours so that nothing distracts from the traffic situation.
5. “RZD Logistics” (RF), KTZ Express (Kazakhstan) and the “Transport and Logistics Center of Turkmenistan” signed a memorandum of cooperation in international and transit freight traffic. The parties agreed to develop a joint rail service on the international “North-South” route.
6. Abu Dhabi International Airport (UAE) plans to resume international flights with Turkmenistan in November 2022, said the commercial director of the airport, Francois Bourienne. “In two weeks, Turkmenistan will start several flights from Ashgabat to Abu Dhabi”, - Bourienne said in an interview with the Emirates edition of Zawya.
7. Apple has confirmed that it will equip future smartphones with a USB-C connector. According to Apple's vice president of marketing Greg Joswiak, the brand's future smartphones will receive a USB-C connector - this is required by a new EU law, according to which, by the end of 2024, all gadgets sold in the EU must be equipped with a USB-C port. The new law applies to smartphones, tablets, digital cameras, headphones, game consoles, e-readers, portable speakers, laptops and other technologies.
8. Budget airline Wizz Air Abu Dhabi expands its flight program from Abu Dhabi (UAE) and opens flights to two new cities of Uzbekistan - Samarkand and Tashkent. Flights from Abu Dhabi to Samarkand will be operated from December 13, 2022 twice a week - on Tuesdays and Saturdays. Flights to Tashkent will start operating from January 5, 2023, three times a week - on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Tickets are already on sale on the airline's website and mobile app.
9. The women's national football team of Turkmenistan U20 recognized the rivals in qualification for the Asian Cup-2024. Turkmenistan from the 4th pot got into group “H”, where it will meet with Iran and Bangladesh. The matches of the first round of qualification will be held March 4-12, 2023 in Bangladesh.
10. The schedule of matches of the women's junior team of Turkmenistan U17 in the first round of qualification for the Asian Cup 2024 has also become known. group “D” matches, in which Turkmenistan, Singapore, Bangladesh and the United Arab Emirates will play, will be held in a centralized format in Singapore. The qualifying tournament in group “D” will be held from April 22 to 30 2023.