1. Turkmenistan will provide humanitarian assistance to the population of Pakistan, affected by heavy rains, which led to numerous casualties. More than 1100 people died in the floods in Pakistan and about 1600 injured, according to the UN. Almost 300 thousand houses were completely destroyed, and approximately 650 thousand more were damaged.
2. A mosque will be built in the new administrative center of Ahal velayat. In this regard, the Office of the Mufti of Turkmenistan has announced an international tender for the design and construction of a mosque and landscaping of the surrounding area.
3. The Russian company “Vozrozhdenie” is modernizing a new monument to Magtymguly in Ashgabat free of charge, and will also improve the surrounding area. Construction work will start in September 2022. The facility should be fully commissioned in May 2024.
4. Turkmenistan has started sowing winter wheat. The total sowing area will be 690 thousand hectares of land, from which 1 million 400 thousand tons of grain will be harvested in 2023.
5. The next issue of the educational TV show Gyzykly gezelenç has been released on the Turkmenportal website. In the new issue, host Yunus Allanazarov spoke about the Halk hakydasy memorial complex in Ashgabat.
6. China has successfully tested a nuclear reactor to generate power in space. It will be used to power and propel the spacecraft, as well as to travel in extraterrestrial space.
7. President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev announced the holding of extraordinary presidential and parliamentary elections in Kazakhstan, and also the reduction of the presidential term to one. According to Tokayev, early presidential elections will be held in autumn 2022, and parliamentary elections in the first half of 2023.
8. American scientists have named a drink that prolongs life. It turned out that even the most familiar and everyday drinks help to improve health. Researchers from the US National Institutes of Health found that people who drink two or more cups of tea a day had a 10% lower risk of death from any cause than those who did not drink it at all.
9. The youth team of Turkmenistan left Ashgabat for a training camp in Dubai to prepare for the qualifying tournament for the Asian Cup (U-20). The collection will last until September 7. Under the guidance of head coach Said Seyidov, the youth team will play two friendly matches.
10. The championship of Turkmenistan in road cycling, which was held on the roads of Ashgabat, has ended. For four days, more than 50 athletes fought for the championship title. In the individual race at a distance of 25 kilometers among men, Mahmut Ashirov won. In women, Zohre Gurbanmyradova showed the best result at a distance of 15 kilometers.