The group draw for the 2022 World Cup was held in Qatar. The 32 teams were divided into eight quarters.
The 29 participants are known at the moment, three more tickets will be distributed based on the results of the joining.
Results of the draw:
- Group A: Qatar, Ecuador, Senegal, Netherlands,
- Group B: England, Iran, USA, Ukraine/Scotland/Wales,
- Group C: Argentina, Saudi Arabia, Mexico, Poland,
- Group D: France, UAE/Australia/Peru, Denmark, Tunisia,
- Group E: Spain, Costa Rica/New Zealand, Germany, Japan,
- Group F: Belgium, Canada, Morocco, Croatia,
- Group G: Brazil, Serbia, Switzerland, Cameroon,
- Group H: Portugal, Ghana, Uruguay, Republic of Korea.
The World Cup will be held from November 21 to December 18. Qatar team will host Ecuador team in the opening match.
Before the draw start the talisman of the upcoming tournament named La’ib was presented. The mascot looks like a white keffiyeh with a black ikal, traditional for Arab culture.
Let us note, that representatives of the Football Federation of Turkmenistan also participated in the ceremony.