1. Mosques in Turkmenistan are opening their doors to parishioners on the eve of the Holy Month of Ramadan. From March 29, Muslims will be able to visit places of collective prayer in strict compliance with sanitary and epidemiological norms.
The Muftiate of Turkmenistan has approved the calendar of “suhurs” and “iftars” for all five velayats of the country and the city of Ashgabat.
2. The process of distribution of humanitarian aid from Turkmenistan and Kazakhstan has started in the Afghan province of Jauzjan. Nearly 6 thousand families received the food products. Food products, including flour, cookies, beans and chocolate have been distributed to those in need.
3. Turkish Airlines will execute a charter flight from Turkmenbashi to Istanbul on April 8.
4. Ashgabat specialized boarding school named after Saparmurat Turkmenbashi has opened intake of students for the 2022-2023 academic year.
Students who have graduated from the 6th grade with honors can participate in the competition. Documents are accepted until April 14.
5. A modern children’s park construction in the center of the S. A. Niyazov etrap of Dashoguz velayat is coming to a completion. It is expected, that the park will be put into operation by the International Children’s Day. The nine attractions for children, a race track, a park administration, a café with 50 seats, a parking lot and other facilities will be placed at the 1,5 hectares of the park.
6. The staff of the Seyitnazar Seydi State Musical and Drama Theater in Turkmenabat is working on staging a play based on the play by Uzbek playwright Sharaf Bashgekov “Iron Woman”.
The new performance reveals the role of women in society, focuses the audience's attention on such values as family, love and mutual understanding.
7. The Fencing Federation of Turkmenistan has opened a sports section for adults and children aged 7 years and older.
Since 2016, the federation's athletes have repeatedly become winners and prize-winners of Asian championships and World Championships.
Classes are held at the address: Olympic Town, multifunctional hall.
8. The Turkmen TV channel “Sport” will show the Italian derby live. On April 3, at 23:40 Ashgabat time, “Juventus” will host “Inter” in a duel that can determine the championship race for both clubs.
9. The 94th Academy Awards was held in Los Angeles. This year the owner of the prestigious “Best Actor” award was Will Smith for “King Richard”, dedicated to the father of tennis players Venus and Serena Williams.
Actress Jessica Chastain won Best Actress for “The Eyes of Tammy Faye”. Jane Campion for her work on the film “The Power of the Dog” won the best director's work award.