The Health Information Center of the Ministry of Health and Medical Industry of Turkmenistan, reporting on the vaccination procedure in the country, notes that the country has created the necessary stock of preventive vaccines against COVID-19 and work continues to cover the population with preventive vaccinations against this infection.
Vaccination of the population is carried out according to a scientifically based Plan developed by the Ministry of Health and Medical Industry of Turkmenistan jointly with the World Health Organization. An electronic record of vaccination is also carried out.
Addressing the residents of Turkmenistan, the Health Information Center gives the following recommendations for vaccination:
- Never panic. Tell the doctor about your health status, go through the examination that the doctor prescribed.
- In a calm state, come on the day appointed by the doctor and get vaccinated.
- After receiving the first vaccination, follow the prescribed regimen correctly, after which, after 21 days, you will receive a second vaccination intended for you.
After vaccination, antibodies are produced in your body, thanks to which your body will be effectively protected from COVID-19 infection, since the immune system recognizes the COVID-19 pathogen after vaccination and sets in motion a mechanism to combat it, providing protection against infection and severe forms of the course. All persons over the age of 18, in the absence of medical contraindications to receive a preventive vaccination against COVID-19, are subject to vaccination.
Contraindications for obtaining a preventive vaccination against COVID-19 are:
- Persons who have an allergic reaction to any of the components of the vaccine.
- Pregnant women and women during lactation.
- Persons under the age of 18.
- Persons with high fever, the presence of acute and chronic diseases in the period of exacerbation”.
The country's Health Information Center emphasizes that vaccination primarily protects the person who received the vaccine and contributes to the protection of people around him.
The information was published in today's issue of the newspaper “Neutral Turkmenistan”.