Disposable medical mask-a simple means of protecting the mucous membranes of the mouth and nose from infection transmitted by airborne droplets. But in order for it to really protect it is very important to use it correctly. "Turkmenportal" offers to get acquainted with the rules of wearing and disposal of masks.
What should I do before putting on the mask?
- Wash your hands with soap or treat them with a disinfectant;
- Inspect the mask and its elastic bands for damage;
- A damaged / torn mask does not provide adequate protection. It is not recommended to wear a torn or wet mask;
- Place the mask with a metal clip or tight insert up.
How do I put on a mask?
- Put the mask on with the outer painted side away from you;
- Bend the metal clip or insert to the shape of the nose;
- It is very important that the mask fits snugly to the face, and there are no gaps between the mask and the face;
- Cover your nose, mouth and chin with a mask;
- Do not cover only your nose or mouth with a mask!
- Cover your face tightly, leaving no gaps on the sides;
- Do not wear a poorly fitting mask!
- Do not touch your face with your hands while wearing the mask;
- Do not touch the front of the mask!
- Do not remove the mask to talk to anyone; try to wear the mask without touching it!
How long can I wear a mask?
- Disposable masks can be worn for no more than 2 hours. After this time, it gradually loses its protective properties, and after 4 hours it becomes completely dangerous, so change the mask every 2-3 hours or more often;
- If the mask is wet or damaged for some reason, change it immediately!
How do I remove my mask?
Wash your hands with soap or antiseptic. Remove the mask only for the elastic bands or ties, because all the bacteria and viruses accumulate on the front part.
How do I dispose of the mask?
- You should not leave the used mask in the public domain;
- Before you throw the mask in the bucket, it should be put in a plastic bag and sealed. After all, you need to wash or treat your hands again.
Can I wash my medical mask?
- Disposable medical masks are really disposable. They must not be washed, disinfected, cleaned, washed or aired. They permanently lose their protective properties and become a breeding ground for diseases;
- Do not reuse the mask!
Is the mask enough?
Remember that the medical mask is a means of protection of a "barrier" nature, its function is to hold moisture drops that are formed when coughing, sneezing, and which may contain viruses!
IMPORTANT! Masks are effective only in combination with other methods of prevention (avoiding contact, frequent hand washing, disinfection of objects).
Do not forget to wash your hands regularly and use antiseptics. Avoid crowded areas and keep a safe distance of 1.5-2 meters.