1. President of Turkmenistan Serdar Berdimuhamedov and Chairman of the Board of “Russian Railways” OJSC Oleg Belozerov discussed issues of modernization and electrification of railways during a meeting in Ashgabat on Monday. The head of state noted that favorable conditions have been created in the country for the effective functioning of logistics corridors and wished the Russian Railways delegation, which arrived in Ashgabat on a visit, to hold productive negotiations with Turkmen partners, expressing confidence that the results of the meetings would serve to develop bilateral cooperation in the field of transport.
2. The Days of Culture of Turkmenistan will be held in the cities of the Republic of Korea, Seoul and Uijeongbu, from March 29 to 31. Within the framework of the cultural action, various exhibitions, a joint concert of Turkmen and Korean masters of art, screenings of Turkmen films and much more will be organized.
3. A UNESCO club titled “Protection of the environment - an important concept of sustainable development” has opened at the Turkmen Agricultural Institute in Dashoguz. The club will bring together like-minded students, graduate students and teachers under the auspices of UNESCO on the participation of young people from different countries in joint thematic forums and seminars, scientific, educational and environmental initiatives.
4. A network of pottery workshops in Ashgabat Studio Ceramic organized a charity master class on Sunday. The lesson was attended by special children - wards of the public organization “Yenme”. About 35 children, accompanied by their parents and relatives, came to the creative master class. Everyone really liked the process of creativity: they sculpted various figures from clay, developed their imagination.
5. Starting from March 29, changes are being made to the routes of city buses №. 40 and № 113, plying around Ashgabat. They will continue their movement along Georogly street and cross Taslama street. Then they will head to the northern part of the capital towards the Gurtly residential complex.
6. From March 28, Azerbaijan removes all covid restrictions for aircraft arriving in the country. The corresponding decree was signed by Prime Minister Ali Asadov. Now all foreigners can enter and leave the country by air, entry will not require a certificate of vaccination or immunity. Also, a certificate will not be needed for intercity trips, visiting hotels, catering establishments, shopping centers and gyms.
7. Hyundai has unveiled an updated Sonata that will hit the market in 2023. The design of the new car is made in the corporate style of modern Hyundai models. A feature of the sedan was the headlights and lanterns combined with a luminous strip. The new version of the Sonata also has a redesigned interior. The interior received two 12,3-inch displays, a digital instrument panel and a multimedia system, combined into a single module.
8. Perhat Bagtyyarov from Turkmenistan won silver at the world championship in weightlifting in Albania in the weight category up to 61 kg. 16 years old student of the Ashgabat sports school “Olimp” Perhat Bagtyyarov showed the result of 258 kg in the combined event. Filipino Albert Delos Santos won with a score of 259 kg.
9. The international sambo tournament has ended in Moscow. The competition brought together athletes from 10 countries who competed for prizes in 7 weight categories among men, women and in combat sambo. The members of the national team of Turkmenistan competed with sambists from Russia, the Republic of Korea, Kyrgyzstan, Belarus, Uzbekistan, Armenia, China, Tajikistan and Morocco. According to the results of the two-day tournament, the team of Turkmenistan won 5 medals. Of these, 1 gold and five bronze.
10. The press service of the English “Tottenham” announced the resignation of the Italian Antonio Conte from the post of head coach of the club. The club said in a statement that the contract with the Italian specialist was terminated by mutual agreement of the parties. Until the end of the season, the “Spurs” will be managed by Christian Stellini and Ryan Mason. Antonio Conte has been in charge of “Tottenham” since November 2021.