1. The elections of deputies of the Mejlis, members of the velayat, etrap, city halk maslahaty and gengeshes have ended in Turkmenistan. According to the Central Election Commission of Turkmenistan, 91,12% of voters voted before 19:00 in the elections to the Mejlis.
2. Trade turnover between Turkmenistan and China in January-February 2023 increased by more than 10% compared to the same period last year. According to the Main Customs Administration of China, this figure exceeded 1,73 billion USD in the first two months of this year. During the reporting period, Turkmen exports to China amounted to more than 1,61 billion USD, which is 11% more than the same period in 2022.
3. Students from Turkmenistan took part in the interuniversity friendship festival dedicated to the 55th anniversary of Gomel State University. At the concert, they presented the Turkmen folk dance “Kushtdepdi”, which was included in the Representative List of the UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage in 2017.
4. In the city of Arkadag, the exposition of the new museum of the Ahal velayat is being completed, which will also present historical and archaeological artifacts. The exposition of the museum will reflect all periods of the historical development of Ahal, on the territory of which there are world-famous monuments of various historical periods and civilizations.
5. The official dealer of LC Waikiki in Turkmenistan announced the arrival of a new spring collection in the brand store located in the “Berkarar” Shopping and Entertainment Center. The new collection includes jeans, t-shirts, dresses, sweatshirts and more. Buyers are offered an installment plan of up to 6 months when buying up to 1500 manats.
6. This summer, a theme park dedicated to the Harry Potter universe will open in Tokyo. It will be the first Harry Potter-themed entertainment facility outside the UK. The area of the park will be 30 hectares. At the entrance to the park, visitors will be greeted by platform “9 ¾” at King's Cross Station and the scarlet Hogwarts Express engine.
7. A huge traffic jam has formed at the “Upper Lars” checkpoint on the Russian-Georgian border. The reason is prolonged snowfalls that blocked the main transport artery of the region. Drivers of trucks carrying goods to and from Georgia have been standing for several days waiting for good weather. Part of the trucks stuck on the Russian side are sent to temporary parking lots in Vladikavkaz.
8. Turkmen weightlifter Ogulshat Amanova won the gold medal at the World Youth Championship in Durres. The 13 years old weightlifter became the winner in the weight category up to 47 kg. In total, Amanova showed the result of 156 kg - 71 kg in the snatch and 85 kg in the clean and jerk. Ogulshat is engaged in weightlifting under the guidance of his father, the coach of the School of Higher Sportsmanship and the national team of Turkmenistan among girls (under 17) Gurbandurdy Amanov.
9. On Saturday, the international tournament “Cup” for the Founders of Sambo started in Moscow. The competition brought together athletes from 10 countries who compete for prizes in 7 weight categories among men, women and in combat sambo. According to the results of the first day of the competition, the team of Turkmenistan won 4 medals. Of these, one gold and three bronze.
10. On Sunday, a friendly match between the Turkmen “Altyn asyr” and the Russian “Ural” was held. The teams played at the “Jebel Ali” stadium in Dubai. The confrontation ended with a score of 3:2 in favor of the club from Yekaterinburg. The training camp of “Altyn asyr” will last in the UAE until March 31.
11. The Iranian team became the champion of Asia in beach soccer for the third time. In the final of the Asian Championship, held in Thailand, the team of Moslem Mesigar defeated Japan with a score of 6:0. “Bronze” went to Oman, who in the match for third place was stronger than the United Arab Emirates - 4:2.