1. The first cargo plane of Airbus arrived at Ashgabat International Airport. The aircraft arrived under a contract signed in January 2021 between the French company and the “Turkmenhowayollary” Agency. The Airbus is optimized for transporting cargo of various configurations over long distances. The weight of the transported cargo can reach 61 tons. The aircraft will permit Turkmenistan to continue the active development of its network of international cargo routes.
2. President of Turkmenistan Serdar Berdimuhamedov will pay an official visit to Qatar in the near future. In recent years, five high-level visits have been made between Turkmenistan and Qatar. Regular contacts have also been established between governments and foreign ministries.
3. An exhibition dedicated to the 15th anniversary of the Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs continues its work in Ashgabat. The exposition of the achievements of the private sector of Turkmenistan will last until March 23. There are more than 200 companies from various sectors of the economy among the exhibitors. All interested specialists, businessmen and entrepreneurs can visit the exhibition.
4. The Ministry of Agriculture and Environmental Protection of Turkmenistan and the Museum of Natural History of the Leibniz Institute for Evolution and Biodiversity signed a Memorandum of Understanding. Within the framework of the signed document, cooperation will be carried out in the development of joint research projects, especially in the field of biology and earth sciences.
5. The Exhibition Center of the Union of Artists of Turkmenistan hosted the opening ceremony of the exhibition dedicated to Nowruz Bayramy. The exhibition presents the work of more than 70 artists. The exposition will last until March 27.
6. On March 20-22, President of the People's Republic of China Xi Jinping will make a state visit to Russia, during which he will meet with President Vladimir Putin and discuss with him the most important issues of further strategic partnership and cooperation in key areas. It is expected that a solid package of bilateral agreements will be signed as a result of the summit meeting. In China, the upcoming visit of the head of state to Russia is called a visit of friendship, which is designed to further strengthen the relationship between the two strategic partners.
7. Sports brands Nike and Puma have abandoned the use of natural kangaroo leather for the production of football boots. The companies plan to replace the natural material with a synthetic material that is similar in properties to natural leather. Kangaroo leather has been used for many years in the production of sports shoes for playing football, in addition to Nike and Puma, it has also been used by Adidas.
8. The draw for the Champions League quarter-final pairs was held in Nyon, as a result of which “Milan” will meet “Napoli”, “Real Madrid” will play “Chelsea”, “Manchester City” will play “Bayern”, and “Benfica” will play “Inter”. The first legs of the 1/4 finals will be held on April 11 and 12, the return legs on April 18 and 19.