1. Sadaka was given in Turkmenistan on the occasion of the commemoration of those who died during the recent strong earthquake in the Republic of Türkiye, which caused numerous casualties and large-scale destruction. A group of religious figures from the Republic of Türkiye, who specially arrived in Ashgabat, also took part in the memorial events. The memorial event was organized with funds from royalties from the sale of books by the National Leader of the Turkmen people, Chairman of the Halk Maslahaty of Turkmenistan Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov.
2. In Ashgabat, the laying of the foundations of three medical centers was held - the International Scientific and Clinical Center of Oncology for 500 places, the Center for Dentistry and the International Center for Pediatrics for 160 places. The National Leader of the Turkmen people Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov and the head of the Turkish company Gap İnşaat Ahmet Chalyk took part in the solemn ceremony of laying the groundwork for new clinics. According to the Decree of the President of Turkmenistan, all three medical facilities must be commissioned with full readiness for operation in 2026.
3. According to the Muftiate of Turkmenistan, the holy month of Ramadan for all Muslims will begin on March 23 this year. It will last until April 20, and then the holiday of Oraza Bayram will come. You can get acquainted with the schedule of suhoors and iftars in the fast of Ramadan for residents of Turkmenistan on the Turkmenportal website.
4. The Turkmen-Tatarstan business forum was held in Ashgabat. The event was attended by representatives of state structures of the two countries, industry departments, as well as heads of a number of Tatarstan organizations and private companies, including the world-famous “Tatneft”, “KAMAZ”, “Kazan Helicopter Plant” and others. The Russian delegation at the business forum was headed by the Minister of Industry and Trade of Tatarstan Oleg Korobchenko.
5. The British Foreign Office has replaced its ambassador to Turkmenistan. Stephen Conlon has been appointed as the new Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to Turkmenistan. The newly appointed Ambassador will take up his duties in May 2023. Conlon has been appointed His Majesty's Ambassador to Turkmenistan to replace Lucia Wilde, who is moving to another position in the civil service.
6. Turkmenistan entered the ranking of countries with the lowest level of air pollution. According to World Air Quality, in 2022, Turkmenistan was ahead of all its neighbors in the region in this indicator. Air quality monitoring in Central Asia is carried out by the IQAir online platform. It calibrates and harmonizes air quality data from observation stations around the world in real time.
7. President of Turkmenistan Serdar Berdimuhamedov signed a Decree on the transfer to the reserve in April-June 2023 from the Armed Forces, other troops and military bodies of military personnel undergoing military service on conscription, and the next call-up of citizens of the country for military service.
8. Nearly 10 thousand crocodiles have died on Lake Kamnarok in Kenya. The reason for the mass death of reptiles is the strongest drought in the last 40 years. The lake became so shallow that, in addition to crocodiles, many other animals, including elephants, died there. Authorities are taking steps to capture the animals and ship them to other parts of Kenya that have not been affected by the drought.
9. The draft law “On the Constitution of the Republic of Uzbekistan” includes a clause on the extension of presidential powers from five to seven years. The lower house of the Uzbek parliament has scheduled a referendum on extending the presidential term for April 30. It is planned to introduce 27 more articles into the new edition of the Constitution.
10. The Spanish “Real” and the Italian “Napoli” won the last tickets to the 1/4 finals of the Champions League. “Real” defeated “Liverpool” on aggregate, and “Napoli” turned out to be stronger than “Eintracht”. Thus, all participants of the 1/4 finals were determined. In addition to “Real” and “Napoli”, these are the English “Manchester City” and “Chelsea”, the Italian “Inter” and “Milan”, the German “Bayern” and the Portuguese “Benfica”. The draw for the quarter-finals will be held on March 17.
11. Turkmen mixed martial arts fighter Dovletjan Yagshimuradov has risen to 7th place in the Bellator light heavyweight rankings. Let us remind that on the night of March 10-11, Yagshimuradov defeated Lithuanian Julius Anglickas at the Bellator 292 tournament. The fight lasted three rounds, the judges gave the victory to Yagshimuradov by unanimous decision.
12. The football club “Altyn asyr” from Ashgabat arrived for a training camp in the UAE. The team is based in Ajman. The collection will last until March 31. This year “Altyn asyr” will play in the AFC Cup.