1. CJSC “Ashgabat City Telephone Network” and the telecommunications company “Turkmentelecom” from March 1 this year introduce new tariffs for unlimited Internet for individuals, as well as reduce prices for the current ones. Now, 4 tariffs will be available to subscribers - 6 Mbps - for 280 manats, 4 Mbps - for 230 manats, 2 Mbps - for 180 manats and 1 Mbps - for 150 manats.
Subscribers using a tariff with a speed of 512 kbps will be automatically transferred to a speed of 1 Mbps. Owners of tariffs with a speed of 2 Mbps with a monthly subscription fee of 200 manats will automatically be transferred to a tariff plan with a monthly fee of 180 manats.
It is also noted that at present, the acceptance of relevant applications from users wishing to switch to new tariff plans has begun.
2. Last night, President of Turkmenistan Serdar Berdimuhamedov arrived on an official visit to the Kingdom of Bahrain. The presidential airliner landed at the International Airport of the city of Muharraq, where, on this significant occasion, the State flags of the two countries were raised and a guard of honor was lined up.
The Head of Turkmenistan was welcomed by Sheikh Khalid bin Abdullah Al-Khalifa, Deputy Chairman of the Government of the Kingdom of Bahrain, and other officials. Today, Serdar Berdimuhamedov will meet with the King of Bahrain, Hamad bin Isa Al-Khalifa.
3. The Ministry of Education of Turkmenistan has made some changes to the “Procedure for the recognition in Turkmenistan of documents on higher and secondary vocational education issued in foreign countries”. Now, the list of foreign universities, whose diplomas will be recognized in Turkmenistan, includes the Moscow international rating “Three Missions of the University”. In addition, the Ministry of Education of Turkmenistan recognizes diplomas from foreign universities that are included in the QS World University Rankings. The Three Missions of the University ranking has been published annually since 2017. In 2022, it included 1800 universities from 103 countries.
4. Astrakhan State University plans to conclude cooperation agreements with the Turkmen Agricultural University named after S.A. Niyazov, the International University for the Humanities and Development of Turkmenistan and the Institute of International Relations of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Turkmenistan. ASU Vice-Rector for International Affairs Angelina Fadina spoke about this. According to her, more than 600 students, citizens of Turkmenistan, are currently studying at Astrakhan State University, and over 900 people have graduated from the university over the past three years.
5. On February 23, especially for the release of a new spring collection, the popular youth clothing brand Däp in Turkmenistan will hold a photo exhibition for the first time. The Däp team took inspiration from the past to create the capsule. It is no coincidence that the main theme of the new collection is nostalgia. According to brand representatives, the designers tried to draw a thread between the past and the present. The photo exhibition and the launch of sales will be held on February 23 in Däp branded stores in the “Ashgabat” Shopping and Entertainment Center and the “Berkarar” Shopping and Entertainment Center.
6. President of the Russian Federation Vladimir Putin proposed to return to the traditional period of study in universities from 4 to 6 years. “Serious changes are overdue in higher education, a synthesis of the best practices of the Soviet era and the experience of recent decades is needed”, - the head of state said. Putin noted that the transition to a new system of education in universities should be smooth, everything should be thought out to the smallest detail.
7. Construction of a horizontal skyscraper has begun in Saudi Arabia. The building, already named The Line, will be 170 kilometers long and 200 meters wide and will be able to accommodate nine million people. All building systems will run on clean energy. Currently, construction is at the foundation stage, work is ongoing around the clock.
8. “Real Madrid” won a strong-willed victory over “Liverpool” with a score of 5:2 in the first leg of the 1/8 finals of the Champions League. As part of the winners, Vinicius Junior and Karim Benzema scored a double, Eder Militao scored another goal. Darwin Nunez and Mohamed Salah scored for the “Reds”. The return match between the teams will be held on March 15 in Madrid, only a miracle will help “Liverpool” to pass to the next stage.
9. In another meeting of the day, “Napoli” confidently dealt with “Eintracht” on the road. The scoring was opened in the 40th minute by “Napoli” striker Victor Osimhen. The second goal from the transfer of Khvichi Kvaratskhelia was scored by the captain of the Neapolitans, Giovanni Di Lorenzo. In the return game, “Eintracht” will not be able to count on the leader of their attacks, Randal Kolo-Muani, who received a red card in the 58th minute of the match.
10. The Malaysian national team will play a friendly match against Turkmenistan. The game will be held on March 23, 2023 at the Sultan Ibrahim Stadium in the state of Johor.