1. President of Turkmenistan Serdar Berdimuhamedov participated in an informal CIS summit in St. Petersburg. The informal summit on the birthday of Russian President Vladimir Putin, who turned 70 on Friday, was attended by President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev, Prime Minister of Armenia Nikol Pashinyan, President of Belarus Alexander Lukashenko, President of Kazakhstan Kassym-Jomart Tokayev, President of Tajikistan Emomali Rahmon, President Turkmenistan Serdar Berdimuhamedov and President of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev. The event was held on the eve of the forthcoming CIS summit in Astana next week.
2. Tickets for “Belavia” flights to Turkmenistan are on sale. On the official website of the “Belavia” airline, the sale of tickets for the regular flight Minsk-Turkmenbashi-Minsk has been opened. Flights will start on October 25 and will operate once a week on Tuesdays. From November 1, 2022, flights will be operated on Tuesdays once every two weeks. The minimum cost of one-way tickets is from 299 euros, in both directions - 520 euros. Air tickets for “Belavia” flights can be purchased on the website www.belavia.by, through applications for iPhone and Android, at all sales offices and from agents.
3. In October, Ashgabat hyakimliks will host receptions to consider citizens' appeals. In October, the Ashgabat city and district committees on citizens' appeals, formed from representatives of the Ashgabat city administration, law enforcement agencies, public organizations and other relevant departments, will hold receptions to consider citizens' appeals. The schedule of reception of citizens can be found on the Turkmenportal website.
4. Domodedovo Airport has published the schedule of S7 Airlines flights to Turkmenistan for October. On the Moscow-Turkmenbashi air route, S7 Airlines aircraft will fly on Mondays from Terminal 1. The flight will depart from Moscow at 3:30 (local time). Travel time is 3 hours 35 minutes. The return flight will depart from Turkmenbashi at 10:05 (Ashgabat time), arrival at 11:35 (Moscow time). Travel time is 3 hours 30 minutes. Flights will begin on October 17, 2022. Flights will be carried out on an Airbus A320 aircraft. The minimum cost of one-way tickets is from 18,756 rubles for passengers without luggage.
5. Bank “Turkmenistan” has opened a new type of deposit for doctors. A new type of deposit for workers in the healthcare and medical industry called “Bagtyyar lukman” was opened at the State Commercial Bank “Turkmenistan”. The deposit “Bagtyyar lukman” is opened for a period of 1 year, the interest rate is 11% per annum. Detailed information and full conditions on the deposit can be obtained at the nearest branches of the bank, as well as by calling +99312440304.
6. Australian scientists plan to grow plants on the moon. A team of scientists from the University of Queensland is planning to start growing plants on the moon. The seed container will be delivered to the moon by the Israeli spacecraft Beresheet-2. In accordance with the plans of scientists, the seeds should germinate on the Moon, and the growth process can be observed from the Earth.
7. The famous moai stone statues in Chile were damaged by fire. The world-famous moai statues located on the Chilean Easter Island were damaged due to a natural fire. The flames destroyed approximately 60 hectares of land. The fire began on October 4 on the territory of the extinct Rano Raraku volcano in the “Rapa Nui” national park and was brought under control a day later. There are 386 moai in this area. How many statues were damaged by the fire remains to be seen.
8. Ashgabat will host tennis competitions. On the courts of the Ashgabat Olympic village, from October 8 to 13, the championship of Turkmenistan in tennis among athletes under 18 years old, a training seminar for coaches, and also the first amateur tennis tournament with the participation of the representative of the International Tennis Federation (ITF) Amir Borghei, who will give a master class for its members. They are organized by the Ministry of Sports and Youth Policy and the Tennis Federation of Turkmenistan.
9. The youth team of Turkmenistan played a draw with the team of Syria in the qualifying match of the Asian Cup-2023. The match ended with the score 1:1. In another match of the “A” qualifying group, the Japanese team defeated the Syrian team (3:0). The final part of the Asian Youth Cup (U-17), which will be held from 3 to 20 May 2023 in Bahrain, will see the winners of 10 qualifying groups and the top 5 teams among the runners-up.
10. The Asian Weightlifting Championship has started in Bahrain. It is attended by 187 athletes from more than 25 countries. The tournament in Manama will last 10 days. Within the framework of the Asian Championship, 20 sets of awards in 10 weight categories among men and women will be played. The weightlifting team of Turkmenistan at the Asian Championships is represented by twelve athletes.
11. “Altyn asyr” tied with “Ashgabat”. The “Nisa” stadium in Ashgabat hosted the match of the 13th round of the Turkmenistan Football Championship - Ashgabat hosted “Altyn asyr”. The meeting ended in a draw with a score of 1:1. “Altyn asyr” scored 28 points in 13 matches and takes the second place in the standings of the championship of Turkmenistan. The backlog from Ahal, which is in first place, is four points. At the same time, “Ahal” will play its match of the 13th round against “Merv” on October 8.
12. The Japanese team will play with Iran in the 2022 Asian Futsal Cup final. In the semi-finals, the Iranians beat Thailand 5-0. Earlier, the Japanese team in their semifinal match was stronger than Uzbekistan (2:1). The gold match will take place on October 8 in El Kuwait, the meeting will start at 22:00 (Ashgabat time).