Due to the fact that the activities of private transport and logistics companies are expanding in Turkmenistan, and also the country is developing in the field of international rail transportation and expanding cooperation with foreign railway companies, amendments to the Law of Turkmenistan “On Railway Transport” have been adopted.
In accordance with the new Law of Turkmenistan On Amendments and Additions to the Law of Turkmenistan “On Railway Transport”, a new concept of “carrier in railway transport” has been introduced.
Further, Article 12 of the Law “Tariffs and Charges on Railway Transport” has been substantially amended and supplemented. The concept of “fees” has been introduced into the article, and now it is called “Tariffs, fees and charges on railway transport”. We present a new amendment to this article.
1. Tariffs for the transportation of passengers, transportation of goods, luggage, cargo luggage and mail, and also freight cars without cargo by rail in domestic traffic are established by the authorized body in accordance with the legislation of Turkmenistan, and they are subject to use by all carriers, regardless of their form of ownership. transportation of goods by rail for budget consumers are established by the Ministry of Finance and Economy of Turkmenistan in agreement with the Cabinet of Ministers of Turkmenistan.
2. Fees for services for the transportation of passengers, transportation of goods, baggage, cargo luggage and mail, and also freight cars without cargo by rail in domestic traffic (with the exception of the transportation of goods of budget consumers) are established by carriers regardless of their form of ownership.
3. Tariffs for the carriage of passengers, the carriage of goods, baggage, cargo luggage and mail, and also freight wagons without cargo by rail in international traffic and fees for the corresponding transportation services are established by carriers, regardless of their form of ownership, in accordance with international treaties.
4. Tariffs, fees and charges for the use of railway stations, including small stations (sidings), overtaking points are established by the authorized body.
5. The legislation of Turkmenistan may establish preferences for tariffs and fees in railway transport. The procedure for compensation for losses from the establishment of these benefits is determined by the legislation of Turkmenistan.
6. The monetary amount of the penalty, calculated as a percentage of the total amount of the obligation, which the participant in the carriage is obliged to pay to another participant for violation of the obligations arising from the contract of carriage, is established on the basis of an agreement between the parties. If the agreement of the parties does not establish the monetary amount of the fine, it is set in accordance with the tariff approved by the authorized body.
More details about the Law on Amendments and Additions to the Law of Turkmenistan “On Railway Transport” can be found in today's issue of the newspaper “Neutral Turkmenistan”.