1. The “Immortal Regiment” in memory of the victims of the Great Patriotic War was held in the Turkmen-Russian school named after A. S. Pushkin. School students with portraits of war veterans marched in a solemn procession around the school building.
2. A solemn reception on the occasion of the 77th anniversary of the Victory in the Great Patriotic War was held at the Embassy of the Russian Federation in Ashgabat. Russian Ambassador Alexander Blokhin welcoming the audience, reminded that each of the dead sacrificed the most valuable thing so that today we live in peace, friendship and harmony.
4. Berk önüm, an individual enterprise specializing in the manufacture of adhesive polypropylene coatings, plans to increase the output of import-substituting products. Berk önüm products are distinguished by high quality standards, which has been repeatedly noted by consumers.
5. A fund for holding and financing international events has appeared in Turkmenistan. The organization was created under the Ministry of Trade and Foreign Economic Relations of the country.
6. Students of the Lebap Specialized School of Arts became laureates of the “Melody of the Soul” international online contest in Kazan. Turkmens won two first and two second places among 352 participants, deserving high marks from the jury members.
7. Scientists from the University of Kansas have developed a “vaccine” for Alzheimer’s disease based on a protein isolated from corn. Clinical trials of the drug in rodents have shown that the development will help delay or prevent the disease.
8. Prince William and Kate Middleton are considering getting rid of their royal titles after a failed Caribbean tour. Spouses want to be closer to people and abandon many traditions.
9. The Turkmen TV channel “Sport” continues to broadcast the leading club football tournaments in Europe live. The spectators are waiting for 13 exciting matches, which will be accompanied by Turkmen commentary this week. We advise not to miss the denouement of the Italian championship, for the main contenders for the title “Milan” and “Inter” decide the fate of the Scudetto.
10. The Turkmen goalkeeper of “Abdysh-Ata” Rakhat Zhaparov extended the series of dry matches in the championship of Kyrgyzstan to five. His team outplayed Bishkek “Dordoi” with a score of 2:0 at home, securing the leadership in the standings.