The national team of Turkmenistan flew from Istanbul to Tokyo for the 2020 Olympic Games.
The delegations took the athletes and coaches to the Japanese capital the day before. The team consisted of 9 athletes:
- Gulbadam Babamuratova - judo (up to 52 kilograms)
- Hojamuhammet Toychiev - weightlifting (over 109 kg)
- Ovez Ovezov - weightlifting (up to 109 kg)
- Rejepbay Rejepov - weightlifting (up to 81 kg)
- Polina Guryeva - weightlifting (up to 59 kg)
- Kristina Shermetova - weightlifting (up to 55 kg)
- Mergen Mammedov - athletics (hammer throw)
- Daria Semyonova - swimming (100 meters breaststroke)
- Merdan Ataev - swimming (100 and 200 meters backstroke)
The XXXII Summer Olympic Games will be held in Tokyo from 23 July to 8 August.