1. President of Turkmenistan Serdar Berdimuhamedov, who is on a working visit to New York, met with UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres. During the meeting, the parties discussed priority areas of bilateral cooperation, as well as current issues on the international agenda.
2. The 16th meeting of the “Central Asia – Republic of Korea” Cooperation Forum will be held in November 2023 in Ashgabat. This was announced following a meeting between the President of Turkmenistan Serdar Berdimuhamedov and the leader of the Republic of Korea in New York.
3. The High Technology Week “Sustainable Economic Development: Innovation and Industrialization” started in Ashgabat at the Engineering and Technology University of Turkmenistan. The event, organized jointly with the UN Development Program in Turkmenistan and the OSCE Center in Ashgabat, is held in a hybrid format and will last until September 21. The Forum includes a wide range of events aimed at sharing knowledge and experience in the field of technology development, promoting digital innovation and demonstrating how it contributes to building an inclusive and sustainable society.
4. The Turkmen delegation is taking part in the VIII Caspian Media Forum, which is taking place in Astrakhan. The results of the 10th competition for the best journalistic work “Caspian without borders” will be summed up at the forum. More than 450 media outlets and bloggers from the Caspian states sent their works to the competition.
5. Turkmenistan continues to hold events and promotions within the framework of the month “Road Safety - Peace of Our Lives,” which started on September 1 and will last until the end of the month. Thus, within the framework of the month, road markings and signs were updated along the Turkmenabat-Mary highway in the Chardzhev etrap of Lebap velayat. And in the 42nd secondary school in the city of Farap, Chardzhev etrap, a meeting with high school students was held, organized by the local library. Teachers and employees of the Road Supervision Service spoke to the schoolchildren and reviewed the traffic rules in detail.
6. Books about Harry Potter translated into Kazakh were presented in Kazakhstan. The translated saga about the young wizard was presented by Steppe&World publishing within the framework of the Comic Con Astana festival. Steppe&World is engaged in translating world bestsellers into the Kazakh language and popularizing them among Kazakh youth. In addition to the Harry Potter series, he has translated more than a hundred books and comics.
7. From September 15, Bangkok Airways passengers must be weighed along with their hand luggage before boarding the plane. The airline explained that this is necessary to collect information on the average weight of passengers and ensure flight safety. Passenger weight information will be used to update standard passenger and baggage weight information. The airline assured that the data will be kept confidential and will not be disclosed. The airline will weigh passengers until October 31.
8. 273 athletes from all over the country took part in the Turkmenistan tennis championship, which ended on the courts of the “Ashgabat” stadium. The winners were determined in singles and doubles. In the men's final, 5-time national champion Yuri Rogussky lost to Meylis Orazmuhammedov. In the women's tournament, for the second year in a row, 13 years old Ilima Huseynova, the ward of the head coach of the Turkmenistan national team and the “Ashgabat” club Mirali Hasanov, became the champion.
9. Today at the “Ashgabat” stadium at 21:00 there will be a match of the first round of the group stage of the AFC Champions League between the clubs “Ahal” and “Al-Feiha”. The champion of Turkmenistan, as the host, will take to the field in white uniforms, the players of the Saudi club will play in orange uniforms. “Ahal” and “Al-Feiha” perform in group A along with the Uzbek “Pakhtakor” and the Emirati club “Al-Ain”.
10. The first group of athletes from Turkmenistan arrived in the Chinese city of Hangzhou, where the XIX Summer Asian Games will be held from September 23 to October 8. Turkmenistan is taking part in the Asian Games for the eighth time. The national team of Turkmenistan, which arrived in Hangzhou, includes 67 athletes who will perform in 12 sports. At the previous Asian Games, which was held in Indonesia in 2018, the Turkmenistan team won one silver and two bronze medals.