Smartphone fire is a rare but dangerous phenomenon. There are several problems that could potentially cause a smartphone battery to catch fire, according to RIA Novosti.
The most common cause is physical damage to the battery shell. Most often this happens due to regular falls of the phone.
In second place is the use of a low-quality or inappropriate power charger or power bank without a controller. The battery deteriorates, receiving more power when charging than it is able to "digest".
Overheating of the smartphone in direct sunlight leads to battery damage.
Fortunately, smartphones rarely burn for real, most often they just start to smoke. A true fire can lead to a smartphone getting into a humid environment if the battery shell is damaged.
Experts warn that it is impossible to use swollen batteries, it is dangerous and can lead to ignition and burns to the hand.