The team of Turkmen chess players from the world championship in Batumi returned to Ashgabat with a bronze medal. For six days, about 500 participants from 35 countries fought for medals in the age categories from 8 to 18 in rapid and blitz.
We remind that in rapid each player is allocated 15 minutes with an increment of 10 seconds per move, and in blitz - 3 minutes with an increment of 2 seconds per move.
Turkmenistan was represented at the world championship by 12 best chess players of the country (6 girls and 6 boys).
According to the site "Turkmenistan: Golden Age", 16-year-old Leyla Shohradova performed most successfully in the Turkmen team. In the “rapid” format, a student of the 10th grade of the 31st secondary school of the Dyanev etrap, Lebap velayat, achieved historical success, taking third place in the category of girls under 16 years old. Based on the results of 11 rounds, Leila scored 8 points, losing only to the representatives of Russia and Belarus. At the award ceremony, Leyla Shohradova was awarded a bronze medal.
Diplomas and valuable prizes were also awarded to Lala Shohradova and Dunya Ruslanova, who entered the top five in blitz.
The current champion of Turkmenistan among women in classical chess, FIDE master Lala Shohradova finished the tournament in 4th position in the category of girls under 18 with 7 points out of 11, losing to the representatives of Uzbekistan, Belarus and Vietnam.
And the youngest representative of the team of Turkmenistan, a pupil of the Lebap chess school, Dunya Ruslanova, with 6.5 points out of 11, closed the top five in the world in the category of girls under 8 years old, along with the champion from England and representatives of Uzbekistan and India.
The results of other Turkmen participants in the blitz tournament were distributed as follows:
- Boys under 8 - Maksat Avlyakulyev (Lebap), 7 points out of 11, 8th place among 53 participants.
- Boys under 10 - Alihan Batyrov (Mary), 7 points out of 11, 12th place among 62 participants.
- Boys under 12 - Rauf Yusupov (Mary), 5.5 points out of 11, 39th place out of 71 participants.
- Boys under 14 - Gurbanmyrat Rustemov (Lebap), 5 points out of 11, 31st place among 44 participants.
- Boys under 16 - Sanjar Gaybullaev (Lebap), 5 points out of 11, 14th place among 24 participants.
- Boys under 18 - Amanmukhammet Hommadov (Ashgabat), 6 points out of 11, 11th place out of 27 participants.
- Girls under 10 - Pervana Serdarova (Ashgabat), 6 points out of 11, 9th place among 24 participants.
- Girls under 12 - Nebahat Muradova (Lebap), 5.5 points out of 11, 17th place out of 29 participants.
- Girls under 14 - Myakhri Agamyradova (Lebap), 6.5 points out of 11, 8th place among 36 participants.
- Girls under 16 - Leyla Shokhradova (Lebap), 6 points out of 11, 10th place among 21 participants.
The honored coach of Turkmenistan Serdar Annaberdiyev and the head of the delegation Sona Jumagulyeva accompanied and prepared the team during the competition.