1. President Serdar Berdimuhamedov returned to Ashgabat, completing a two-day working visit to China, during which he took part in the first “Central Asia-China” summit. During the visit, the head of Turkmenistan held talks with Chinese President Xi Jinping, as a result of which another package of documents on cooperation was signed. Speaking at the summit, the head of Turkmenistan put forward a number of initiatives. In particular, he proposed creating a mechanism for multilateral consultations in the “Central Asia – China” format, implementing new projects for gas supplies to China, holding a Youth Forum of Central Asia and China in Mary, and urged the participants of the summit to realize the potential of the transport partnership.
2. Divine services will be held in Ashgabat with the participation of the Archbishop of Pyatigorsk and Circassian Theophylact and the head of the Central Asian metropolitan district, Metropolitan Vikenty. Services will be held at the St. Nicholas Church, the Resurrection Cathedral and the Church of Saints Cyril and Methodius Equal-to-the-Apostles.
3. Days of Culture of Turkmenistan will be held in Romania on May 22-26. The venue for the events will be the Romanian cities of Bucharest and Constanta. Within the framework of the creative action, a conference will be held in Bucharest on May 22 in honor of Magtymguly Fragi, whose 300th birthday will be celebrated in 2024.
4. President of Turkmenistan Serdar Berdimuhamedov, together with the leaders of the Central Asian countries and Chinese President Xi Jinping, planted pomegranate trees on the Friendship Alley in Xi'an. The ceremony was held at the end of the summit. It is noted that the pomegranate was chosen for a reason. This plant in China is considered a symbol of unity and longevity.
5. Anniversary concert in honor of the 85th anniversary of the founder and permanent leader of the “Mukam” Violin Ensemble, People's Artist of Turkmenistan Harold Neimark was held at the National Music and Drama Theater named after Magtymguly. 40 years ago, Harold Isaakovich Neimark created the “Mukam” Violin Ensemble for violin students of the Special Musical Boarding School at the Turkmen National Conservatory. Since then, the ensemble has glorified the violin school of Turkmenistan far beyond its borders. The composition of the ensemble is updated every year: graduates of the boarding school leave it, their places are taken by younger students.
6. The airline Singapore Air has received a record annual profit for all 76 years of existence and has decided to encourage its employees by paying a bonus in the form of an 8-month salary. The management of Singapore Air decided in this way to thank their employees for their work during the difficult period of the pandemic. Moreover, the bonus will be awarded only to ordinary employees, top managers of the company will not receive payments.
7. From October 3, “Belavia” launches a flight program from Minsk to Abu Dhabi. Flights will operate on Tuesdays and Saturdays. The flight duration will be 6 hours 20 minutes. Ticket prices start at 259 euros one way and 443 euros round trip.
8. The coaching staff of the national 3x3 basketball team of Turkmenistan has begun preparations for the selection for the 2024 Olympic Games, which will be held in Paris. The head coach of the team, Toyly Bayryev, invited seven players representing the clubs of the National Basketball League of Turkmenistan to the training camp in the Ashgabat Olympic village. The final part of the 3x3 basketball competition in Paris 2024 will be held from July 30 to August 5.
9. Referees from Turkmenistan are invited to officiate the matches of the championship of the Central Asian Football Association among youth teams under 20 years old. FIFA referee Arslan Goshshanov and FIFA referee assistant Shageldy Hydyrov will work at the tournament. Oraz Mammadgeldiyev was invited to the tournament as an inspector. Turkmenistan will play its opening match on May 21 against the team of Afghanistan.
10. Murad Yakshiyev scored the first goal for the Kyrgyz “Neftchi”. The football player of the national team of Turkmenistan scored in the 97th minute of the away match of the 9th round of the championship of Kyrgyzstan against the “OshMU-Aldier” team. Yakshiyev hit the hosts' gate with a header after Akram Umarov's pass. The goal became a victory for “Neftchi” team. For the 31 years old Turkmen striker, this is the ninth game for “Neftchi”.