1. The plane of the Turkish airline MNG Airlines landed at the International Airport of the city of Turkmenabat on August 10. Under the contract, the aircraft was provided with all the necessary services for maintenance and refueling with jet fuel.
3. Turkmenistan celebrated the Day of the Caspian Sea with events at the NTZ “Avaza”. The visitors of the exhibition were introduced to the peculiarities of the flora and fauna of the Caspian Sea.
4. In the Northern part of the Caspian Sea, a comprehensive international exercise was completed on the search and rescue of people in distress at sea, the elimination of the consequences of marine accidents and the disposal of oil products. The rescue forces of Turkmenistan, Russia, Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan participated in the exercises.
5. In the coming months, the construction of 62 four-story residential buildings of the second stage will be completed in Ashgabat in the Gurtly residential area. The new houses cover an area of more than 90 hectares on the territory adjacent to the existing residential development along Kyoshi street.
6. The representative office of the TASS news agency has opened in Turkmenistan. A correspondent sent from Moscow has already started working in Ashgabat. The opening of the TASS office in Turkmenistan will contribute to greater awareness of Russian, Turkmen, and also foreign readers about the political, economic, cultural, scientific, sports life of the country.
7. A rare giraffe was born in the UK. A Rothschild giraffe cub was born in a UK zoo. The baby was named Stanley after the mountain of the same name, the highest peak in Uganda. It is in this African country, thanks to the efforts of animal rights activists, that the population of giraffes has increased.
8. Russian strongman Ruslan Pustovoy set a world record by manually towing a train weighing 120 tons. Pustovoy is considered the strongest towing vehicle in the history of the Association of Russian Strongmen.
9. Athletes of the national team of Turkmenistan won the first 3 medals at the V Islamic Solidarity Games in Türkiye. Weightlifter Yulduz Jumabayeva was the first in the Turkmen team to score. She won a bronze medal in the weight category up to 49 kg.