1. One of the largest international brand LC Waikiki has started work in Ashgabat’s “Berkarar” shopping and entertainment center. The fashion and accessories store is located on the third floor of the complex. The representatives of trade brand invite all Ashgabat residents and guests of the capital city to the opening ceremony on May 13.
2. The Russian Embassy announced the date of the next flight from Turkmenistan. A passenger flight of “Turkmenistan” Airlines will fly Ashgabat – Moscow route. A flight is planned to be executed at 19:00 local time.
3. The theatres of the Turkmen capital presented the list of productions for the forthcoming weekend. There will be shown 20 performances to the viewers from May 13 to 15. It is possible to get familiarized with the full list in the selection on the website.
5. A seminar “The Caspian Sea – sustainable development and management” will be held in Ashgabat from May 16 to 27. The events will be conducted in cooperation with the International Ocean Institute and the Institute of the Caspian Sea.
6. Portrait of the legendary American actress Marilyn Monroe was sold at Christie’s for 195 million USD. An American Larry Gagosian became the purchaser. The funds from the sale will be used to finance the children’s charitable foundation.
7. In Portugal for the first time was made a deal on selling an apartment for bitcoins without converting it into fiat money. A three-room apartment in the city of Braga was bought for 3 BTC which amounted 108 204 USD on the dealing date.
8. The Ashgabat Football Cup draw started on Tuesday with two matches at the main arena of the Turkmen capital. In the first round, the current champion of the country “Altyn Asyr” beat “Ashgabat’ – 5:2, and “Kopetdag” defeated the youth team of “Ahal” – 2:0.
9. Turkmen mixed martial arts Abdylla Tayhanov defeated a Belarusian fighter Aleksey Volchek at non-professional tournament. Tayhanov knocked out his opponent in the first round.
10. “Manchester City” have confirmed on their official website the imminent transfer of “Borussia” Dortmund forward Erling Holand. As per The Telegraph, the English club will pay “Borussia” 75 million euros in compensation.