Turkmenistan ranked 10th among Georgia's main import partners in 2021. Trend reports it referring to the data of the Georgian National Statistical Office.
In the total volume of Georgian imports last year, Turkmenistan's share was 2%, while in 2020 it was 0.9%.
Thus, in 2021, Georgia increased imports from Turkmenistan by 178.3% compared to 2020 ($73.7 million) - up to $205.2 million, the source notes.
Last year, top 5 goods imported by Georgia from Turkmenistan included:
- Fuel and lubricants worth $191.8 million;
- Industrial goods worth $9.9 million;
- Transport equipment worth $2 million;
- Industrial goods worth $ 824,480;
- Consumer goods worth $464,750.
Earlier we reported that Turkmenistan became the largest supplier of aviation fuel to Georgia in 2021.