The Institute of Telecommunications and Informatics of Turkmenistan for the first time entered the global ranking of environmental friendliness of universities - UI Green Metric World University Ranking-2021, taking 388th position among 956 participating universities from more than 80 countries as reports “Turkmenistan: Golden Age”.
UI GreenMetric World University Rankings is a ranking agency established in 2010 by the University of Indonesia. It ranks universities around the world in 6 categories:
- convenient university infrastructure;
- the use of energy efficient and water-saving technologies on the university campus;
- recycling programs for waste generated by the university;
- water conservation programs;
- convenient transport routes on the university campus that reduce carbon dioxide and harmful emissions;
- environmental education in the educational programs of the university and scientific research.
ITIT teacher Esen Hojakuliev noted that the university is committed to protecting the environment, environmental protection, all issues and activities in this area, on which a significant emphasis is placed on the part of the state.
Recall that the Institute of Telecommunications and Informatics of Turkmenistan in September this year entered the ranking of the best universities in the world THE World University Rankings 2022.