The US Embassy in Ashgabat announces that the Fulbright program is open to teachers in Turkmenistan, providing teachers with a unique opportunity to develop their professional skills and learn more about the United States within six weeks, starting in January or September 2022.
Fulbright for Teachers is an undergraduate academic program that includes lectures and intensive trainings on teaching methodology, lesson planning and teaching strategies, as well as the use of a computer for the Internet, document editing and as a teaching tool.
Requirements for candidates:
- must be teachers of English, mathematics, natural sciences or sociology from secondary schools or educational centers with a minimum experience of 5 years (full-time work);
- must be teachers of middle and senior classes (pupils age 12 to 18 years). In the case of working with junior classes, the latter should take less than 50% of working time;
- must be practicing instructors who plan to continue their work within 5 years of completion of the program;
- must have Turkmen citizenship and reside in Turkmenistan at the time of application;
- must have a university degree or equivalent.
Applications for the current cycle will be accepted until 23:59 on May 1, 2021.
Detailed information about the Program by reference.
If you have any questions about the program, please contact the US Embassy's Information and Culture Department at AshgabatEducation@state.gov