According to the Law of Turkmenistan "on amendments and additions to the Tax code of Turkmenistan", published in the newspaper "Neutral Turkmenistan" on November 9, 2020, the excise tax rates on alcohol produced in the country have changed as Follows:
- Regarding beer, they have increased from 22% to 24%;
- Regarding natural grape wines, spirits, liqueurs and other alcoholic beverages (except grape must), as well as wine materials with an alcohol content:
- Up to 20% inclusive-excise, rates increased from 28% of the cost to 31%,
- Over 20% to 30% inclusive-excise tax rates increased from 44% of the cost to 48%,
- Over 30% - excise tax rates have increased from 55% of the cost to 61%.
Excise duty rates on alcoholic and tobacco products imported into the customs territory of Turkmenistan have changed as follows: in
- Relation to beer, they have increased from 66% of the cost and at least 6 manats per liter to 73% of the cost and at least 7 manats per liter;
- Regarding natural wines, spirits, liqueurs and other alcoholic beverages (except grape worth), as well as wine with alcohol content:
- to 20% inclusive - rates of excise has increased from 121% of the customs value but not less than 28 AZN for 1 liter to 133% of the customs value but not less than 31 manat per liter;
- over 20% - excise tax rates have increased from 121% of the customs value, but not less than 44 manats per 1 liter to 133% of the customs value, but not less than 48 manats per liter.
- Regarding alcohol used in the manufacture of alcoholic beverages (with the exception of imported for medical purposes, as well as state-owned enterprises, consumer cooperation enterprises) » increased from us $ 5.5 per 1 liters to US $ 6 per 1 liters;
- Prices for tobacco products increased from 59% of the customs value, but not less than 2.5 us dollars per 1 pack, to 74% of the customs value, but not less than 3 us dollars per 1 pack.
- Relative to other manufactured tobacco and industrial tobacco substitutes-increased from us $ 12.5 per 1 kg to US $ 15.6 per 1 kg.
These changes will take effect on January 1, 2021.
The full text of the Law can found here.