Today, the sports publication "Fox Sports Asia" on its website announced the name of the best football player in Asia in 2019. They were 27-year-old striker "Tottenham" and the national team of the Republic of Korea Song Hyun-Min.
Leading sports publications of the Asian continent, including those from Turkmenistan, took part in the voting. At the same time, this award has no relation to the award "Footballer of the year in Asia", which is awarded by the AFC.
Song Heung-Min scored 258 points. Last year, Son Heung-Min scored 20 goals and 10 assists in 48 games for “Tottenham” and helped the club reach the final of the UEFA Champions League, where they lost to Liverpool. Recall that according to the Asian Football Confederation, the best player in Asia was also Son Heung-Min.
In the list of contenders for the award was the captain of the national team of Turkmenistan Arslanmurad Amanov, as well as the Iranian forward of “Zenit”, who has Turkmen roots Serdar Azmun.
List of best football players:
1. Song Heung-Min (Tottenham) -258 points
2. Acrom Afif ("As-Sadd") - 114
3. Takumi Minamino (Salzburg/Liverpool) - 90
4. Ali Almoez (Al-Duhail) — 64
5. Serdar Azmun (Zenit) - 58
6. Bafetimbi Gomis (Al-Hilal) – 49
7. Wu Lei (Espanyol) - 29
8. Salim Al-Dovsari (Al-Hilal) — 26
9. Bagdad Bunia ("Al-Sadd") — 15
10. Paulinho (Guangzhou Evergrande) - 14
11. Li Kang In (Valencia) -13
12-13. Teraton Bunmatan (Yokohama F. Marinos) - 10
12-13. Eldor Shomurodov (Rostov) - 10
24. Arslanmurad Amanov (Lokomotiv Tashkent) - 1.
24. Adam Taggart (Suwon Samsung Bluewings) - 1.
24. Elkeson (Guangzhou Evergrande) - 1.